almost

First Deer, First archery kill

I've been lurking around the site for some time now so thought I would post my first kill!Went out to 23 today for the first time and had some luck. Missed a nice white tail @ 60 yds first thing in the morning:( glassed some other areas with no luck then decided to go for a hike in the pines. Got on a good trail and had a nice 4x4 muley come rite up to me. Shot him at about 20 feet and he almost ran me over had to dodge him hahaha crazy. Anyway watched him bed down and kept an eye on him for 30 min or so snuck back to the truck to grab some binos and water when I returned he was gone. Followed his blood trail over a ridge and then glassed him up. Once I marked the spot I backed off for an hour or so, then went to find him. I went to where I thought he was and spotted him bedded down, thought he was dead but wasn't sure so I nocked an arrow and headed towards him. Once I got within 10 feet he jumped up and hauled butt, I got him on the run @ 20yds and he dropped like a pile of bricks. First shot got some lungs and unfortunatley alot of guts, second shot was square in the heart.I'll post some pics up later but definatley a nice buck, first deer and first archery kill I'm stoked!

Thanks for all the kind words! I hope to meet you all someday and maybe hit the hills. Heres some more pics for you

post-6188-0-70049400-1326065803_thumb.jpg

post-6188-0-11856600-1326065944_thumb.jpg

way to stay after it!

congratulations!

james