Sign in to follow this  
jcarter

Hunters find 100k in Pot!

They're in there in the daytime, too. We just haven't seen them. They obviously hear us leaving the main road to open the developer's fancy gate and see us driving in.

Bill Quimby

When I first saw the topic I thought they found the end of the rainbow!!!! I opened the thread sigh... only to be disappointed. the smoking of that much pot would cause the eating of many a chocodile and cheeto!! It stinks that it is getting more and more dangerous in the woods. ag

1325794811[/url]' post='287764']

http://www.outdoorli...marijuana-cache

Thats crazy! just wondering if anyone else has stumbled onto anything like this?

I know a guy who stumbled into a small camp with several bails of pot in unit 35 B. There was nobody around, but they left a small fire burning and were not far off, probably watching. He was very worried about being shot as he back trailed out of there. Ever since then I have carried a pistol while archery hunting.

Might not be exactly on the legal side during archery-only, but along with my bow I carry a small 9mm pistol on my hip and I've been known to carry my 12 gauge in a backpack scabbard sometimes (short barrel with #00 buck). My 9mm alone doesn't make me feel very safe against AR's and AK's.

I have stumbled upon way too much evidence of foul play in the areas I hunt next to the border. Empty Backpacks, Shoes, Water, Food, Deodorant and shaving cream (Mexican Brands), Blankets, Burlap and duct tape bags- countless times I've heard them on the two-way radios spotting and reporting on BP and on me climbing hills. yeah, they're out there. So, I will bend a rule or two in my favor and carry the scattergun if I want to-