Sign in to follow this  
when coues fly

1985 Toyota 4X4, Auto, 22 RE. Runs! New fuel pump. Would make a good hunting rig. Update & lowered price.

Selling a 1985 Toyota 4X4 Longbed truck with a 22 RE engine, automatic transmission and working A/C. Last year of the straight axles. C.A.R.B. legal ceramic coated haeder. I bought this truck a few months ago from a neighbor friend of mine. The transmission shifted way too early for some reason and the motor made a pinging noise when you accelerated kind of like when you buy cheap gas. I bought the truck as a project to restore and make it a hunting rig figuring it would take an engine overhaul and a new transmission to make it like I wanted it. I have access to an extra transmission (Automatic). Don't really have the time to fix her up like I thought I would so I'm offering it up here first. Just replaced fuel pump with a brand new pump and pump screen. Located in South Chandler. First $1200 O.B.O. takes it. Trade towards a Kimber Montana or a good hunting quad. Thanks.

New update:

Replaced fuel pump with a brand new pump and pump screen. Truck now fires right up. Adjusted transmission throttle valve cable at the throttle body and now seems to shift at the right time, but the engine seems down on power and runs rough. Tune up maybe? Drove it around the block and didn't hear the pinging sound from the engine like before. It might of just had old/bad gas as the gas that I took out of it smelled a little old. Has fresh gas in it now. Runs and drives to where you need to take it.

post-5656-0-24128500-1326219549_thumb.jpg

post-5656-0-49756700-1326219570_thumb.jpg

post-5656-0-80652300-1326219587_thumb.jpg

post-5656-0-26500300-1326219603_thumb.jpg

post-5656-0-48088500-1327602319_thumb.jpg

post-5656-0-62089100-1327602365_thumb.jpg

Selling a 1985 Toyota 4X4 Longbed truck with automatic transmission and working A/C. Last year of the straight axles. I bought this truck a few months ago from a neighbor friend of mine. The transmission shifted way too early for some reason and the motor made a pinging noise when you accelerated kind of like when you buy cheap gas. I bought the truck as a project to restore and make it a hunting rig figuring it would take an engine overhaul and a new transmission to make it like I wanted it. The truck has been parked and now it won't start. Fires up when you spray starter fluid in the intake, but won't stay running. Fuel pump possibly? I have access to an extra transmission (Automatic) and a used fuel pump. Don't really have the time to fix her up like I thought I would so I'm offering it up here first. Sold as is where is. Pick up is in South Chandler. You need to tow it away. First $1500 takes it. Trade towards a Kimber Montana or a good hunting quad. Thanks.

22RE truck?

Selling a 1985 Toyota 4X4 Longbed truck with automatic transmission and working A/C. Last year of the straight axles. I bought this truck a few months ago from a neighbor friend of mine. The transmission shifted way too early for some reason and the motor made a pinging noise when you accelerated kind of like when you buy cheap gas. I bought the truck as a project to restore and make it a hunting rig figuring it would take an engine overhaul and a new transmission to make it like I wanted it. The truck has been parked and now it won't start. Fires up when you spray starter fluid in the intake, but won't stay running. Fuel pump possibly? I have access to an extra transmission (Automatic) and a used fuel pump. Don't really have the time to fix her up like I thought I would so I'm offering it up here first. Sold as is where is. Pick up is in South Chandler. You need to tow it away. First $1500 takes it. Trade towards a Kimber Montana or a good hunting quad. Thanks.

22RE truck?

Yes, sorry 22 RE Fuel Injected.

Classic rig! I've been driving taco's for 20 years. How many miles on the odo?

That's a great rig. Most 85s with a solid front axle are carburated, which can lead to stalls on steep terrain or really high elevation. Usually you have to choose between 22RE OR solid front axle, or get one that's had the swap (most aren't done well). And 9 out of 10 have troubles with the A/C, which costs more than this truck is selling for to fix. I wish it weren't auto tranny - and I've already got another project yota waiting for work, or I'd be all over it.

Someone is going to get a great deal on this truck.

Coach,

You're absoluty right, someone is going to get a good little project rig. If I didn't have too many projects already I'd be keeping it. I'd like to see it go to a CWT member before I have to put it up on...gasp...Craigslist. ugh! Somebody help me avoid that please!

If someone pays the asking price of $1200.00 spare 1985 4x4 auto trans will be included to CWT members unless the trans sells separately first.