Healy Arms

The First Mountain Lion Called in and Killed Under AZ's New Night Hunting Regs

Okay thanks Mark. Ya I have had a list here for awhile of all the sounds I wanted and that worked on the last call. I will call you as soon as I get the cash.

i thought that you couldnt kill a lion with a shotgun?

You were always allowed to use a shotgun, prior regs limited the ammo to slugs only. New regs allow the use of shotguns shooting shot. I think it was a good move- especially for fur salvage.

i thought that you couldnt kill a lion with a shotgun?

You were always allowed to use a shotgun, prior regs limited the ammo to slugs only. New regs allow the use of shotguns shooting shot. I think it was a good move- especially for fur salvage.

Here's a link that explains the new regulations - AZ Nighttime Mountain Lion Hunting Regulations for 2012

• Like 1

Guest 300ultramag.

I met that guy at the hardware store , he had that little dog with him , it attacks anyone who says Obama!LOL

deuce! hes a neat little dog. pretty sure he can eat an entire coues gut pile it may have been 2 of em.... cant wait for archery season!!!!!

I met that guy at the hardware store , he had that little dog with him , it attacks anyone who says Obama!LOL

deuce! hes a neat little dog. pretty sure he can eat an entire coues gut pile it may have been 2 of em.... cant wait for archery season!!!!!

I met this other guy from the ATA who says he was the first to kill a lion at night and that Dave M and Dan T are just a couple of posers that found a road killed lion!

• Like 1

I could atempt to educate you about the pitfalls of posting hearsay that begins with "I met this other guy", but...

Knowing what I know about the hunt, the check in with AZ G&F and having talked to the biologist at the AZ G&F aftgerward, I will instead ask that you provide some factual and physical evidence of this allegation. The burden of accusation is yours sir. Begin.

• Like 1

I could atempt to educate you about the pitfalls of posting hearsay that begins with "I met this other guy", but...

Knowing what I know about the hunt, the check in with AZ G&F and having talked to the biologist at the AZ G&F aftgerward, I will instead ask that you provide some factual and physical evidence of this allegation. The burden of accusation is yours sir. Begin.

My bad Mr Healy...... I heard the rumor from a young guy that works at the sportsman and now he won't say who it was, I heard that Dave Marten's killed a huge Tom a couple of weeks ago! Is that true where is the pics?

• Like 1

Rifleman,

Here's a pic of the latest lion Dave called - called at night - 36 minutes. I will do a more thorough write-up and post more pics soon. Big cat - I think Dave is around 6'2" to 6'3"

lion_martens_oct_26_2012_3.jpg

• Like 1

There - managed to get the photo fixed -

• Like 1

I met this other guy from the ATA who says he was the first to kill a lion at night and that Dave M and Dan T are just a couple of posers that found a road killed lion!

Now Rifleman that's not very nice to talk about someones lion that they called in like that. No need to spread rumors, it might make someone mad. Nice lion though Dave! Bet that's quite the experience at night.

• Like 1