Healy Arms

The First Mountain Lion Called in and Killed Under AZ's New Night Hunting Regs

I met this other guy from the ATA who says he was the first to kill a lion at night and that Dave M and Dan T are just a couple of posers that found a road killed lion!

Now Rifleman that's not very nice to talk about someones lion that they called in like that. No need to spread rumors, it might make someone mad. Nice lion though Dave! Bet that's quite the experience at night.

There are several differences let me list them!

1. I have known Dan T since he was a kid and we were trying to smoke out the source of a bad rumor!

2. I don't claim to be an expert on Lions!

3. I don't have my picture plastered all over this site no one on this site know's who I am..So now everyone knows what you look like and what kinda guy you are!

4. Not 1 member on this site has "liked" anything you have said!

• Like 3

1.Seemed like you were accusing more than smoking out rumors there tough guy.

2.I also has never once claimed to be a lion expert and have actually said in past posts that I am NOT a lion expert.

3. I do have my picture on a couple different places on this site and am not worried even the slightest bit that anyone is going to come after me or attempt to do something to me. If someone feels I have said something to merit finding me and kicking my butt then go for it :) you can PM me and I'll give you my address if you would like.

4. And if you check back one post before yours there is at least 1 "like" on that comment lol and I have received a couple PM's from guys telling me they agree with what I said but should tone it down a little on the smart A remarks. Which I can agree that I probably should refrain from stoking to the fire sometimes but with tough guys like you it's just so easy to get you riled up and ready to rumble I can't help myself.

Let's put this one to bed and wait for my next opinion on another subject and you boys can have it again.

1.Seemed like you were accusing more than smoking out rumors there tough guy.

2.I also has never once claimed to be a lion expert and have actually said in past posts that I am NOT a lion expert.

3. I do have my picture on a couple different places on this site and am not worried even the slightest bit that anyone is going to come after me or attempt to do something to me. If someone feels I have said something to merit finding me and kicking my butt then go for it :) you can PM me and I'll give you my address if you would like.

4. And if you check back one post before yours there is at least 1 "like" on that comment lol and I have received a couple PM's from guys telling me they agree with what I said but should tone it down a little on the smart A remarks. Which I can agree that I probably should refrain from stoking to the fire sometimes but with tough guys like you it's just so easy to get you riled up and ready to rumble I can't help myself.

Let's put this one to bed and wait for my next opinion on another subject and you boys can have it again.

YES pM your address I'll stop by for a chat!

• Like 2

I went out last week. The water hole I was calling at dried up. The tracks (lion deer pig) are all very old. We did call in a few fox. Scared the living crap out of us. They came charging in from down wind. I just have to find a new spot. I'm keeping at it. It will happen for me one day...

I went out last week. The water hole I was calling at dried up. The tracks (lion deer pig) are all very old. We did call in a few fox. Scared the living crap out of us. They came charging in from down wind. I just have to find a new spot. I'm keeping at it. It will happen for me one day...

Keep after it James and I'm sure it's going to pay off for ya.

That night calling sounds kinda spooky. :o

TJ

Mark Healy has had suceess and Dave Martens killed one at nite last Oct .... Dave also killed one in March in the daylight hours.... Dave probably knows more about calling lions than anyone locally..... Steve Craig is rumored to have plenty of success but he is difficult to contact....DTone is another caller that has killed 3 lions two of these were when he was with Dave Martens!

My guess is Mark Healy is the best/easeiest to get in tuch with... This is his Blog!

• Like 1

Thanks! That's Awesome taking that lion!!