Bravo

Bighorn Guide

Well, I'm reaching that level of bonus points where receiving a Bighorn Sheep Tag might actually be a reality. I know absolutely nothing about guides for sheep in AZ and need to start looking for the best guide to suit my style of hunting. I will be attempting to harvest with my bow so I will need someone who understands hows a bowhunter thinks (crazy on sheep right?) The units I want to put in for are 22, 24b areas, and I will need some recommendations on other areas conducive to the bowhunter. I'm not opposed to finishing the hunt with my rifle but would really like to harvest with my bow...again I gotta get a tag first LOL.

What are some guides out there for Sheep that I can start looking at and interviewing?

Thanks folks!!

AZGAMETRAILS(Jerry) or DCOUTFITTERS (Dennis) both have there own web sites. Very knowledgable group and hunting big game is there specialty. The owner of DCOUTFITTERS just killed a ram last year that may be a new state record.

Good luck!

Once/if you get drawn you need to attend the AZ Sheep Society meetings and become a member. You will get a lot of help and recommendations if you are friendly and talk to the guys there. I did my hunt without a guide and so did the other hunter I met in the area. We helped each other out a lot and I got a lot of great advice from the old timers in the sheep society. A number of them showed up to help us hunt as well so there were days when we had a LOT of eyes.

Good luck!

Once/if you get drawn you need to attend the AZ Sheep Society meetings and become a member. You will get a lot of help and recommendations if you are friendly and talk to the guys there.

Heck, I would suggest becoming a member now, before you draw. Karma..... ;)

Well, I'm reaching that level of bonus points where receiving a Bighorn Sheep Tag might actually be a reality. I know absolutely nothing about guides for sheep in AZ and need to start looking for the best guide to suit my style of hunting. I will be attempting to harvest with my bow so I will need someone who understands hows a bowhunter thinks (crazy on sheep right?) The units I want to put in for are 22, 24b areas, and I will need some recommendations on other areas conducive to the bowhunter. I'm not opposed to finishing the hunt with my rifle but would really like to harvest with my bow...again I gotta get a tag first LOL.

What are some guides out there for Sheep that I can start looking at and interviewing?

Thanks folks!!

Travis and Troy from Southwest Hunting Adventures would do you good. I have been with them on several hunts and they are top notch. No one will scout harder.

Check out who has been doing the Governor's tags. I can't remember the one guy but the other I think was Chris Harlow. Let us know if this is correct.

BTW: you can't be talking this kind of smack unless you have max bonus points. :D I do and have been waiting 30 years!

Geoff Moss, Littlehorn Outfitters. Took mine in 24B S Dec. 2nd. Geoff and his Guys Know those units as much or more than anyone. EBB

I would recommend checking out Double H Outfitters. I work with Chris Harlow, part of the Double H. They are constantly breaking the record books in the sheep department. I believe they took the top three awards at the sheep show last week. They currently hold the archery and muzzleloader world records for desert sheep. They are in my opinion the BEST!!! Check them out, give them a call. They are always more than happy to discuss sheep with you!

Geof Moss knows 22 and 24bn/s extremely well! Check out his blog to see how much time he spends out there! Give him a call!

Bravo,

at 33 years old (according to your profile), unless your parents started applying for you as an infant, odds are you have a long ways to go.

I would wait to draw the tag first instead of jinxing ones self.

• Like 1

I don't understand how there's a "max points advantage" for sheep other than more random numbers in the draw?? "Max points" for sheep doesn't give you an advantage like it would for most other AZ species. On a side note, good luck with the draw and hunting with your bow. AWESOME!!

I don't understand how there's a "max points advantage" for sheep other than more random numbers in the draw?? "Max points" for sheep doesn't give you an advantage like it would for most other AZ species. On a side note, good luck with the draw and hunting with your bow. AWESOME!!

It's different in that in 20% bonus pass with sheep it is 20% of the total amount of sheep tags instead of 20% of each units tags. So as history has shown the more popular "trophy" sheep units usually all go to the max point holders. Like unit 22, all three tags usually go in the 20% max bonus pass so there are no tags available for the remaining 1-2 bonus pass. However it is not guaranteed to happen this way but usually does.

Brian