COOSEFAN

Rhino or Ranger?

I have been back and forth on this subject more than anything else before. I've have been to a bunch of dealers and talked to a bunch of people and even looked at other options for comparison. I even looked at the Kubota (diesel) RTV today and finally found a 700 EFI Ranger, but it was a 6x6 and thats two too many tires for me, although I'm sure they are awesome. I finally realized they are all good and all have slight pro's and con's but went with the one that felt the most comfortable to me and finally got a call today that one came in and the race was on to be the first to put the money down. I bought the Arctic Cat Prowler! The Prowler is probably the hardest one to get ahold of out of all and I got lucky today that one came in that was the dark green that I wanted and someone backed out on buying it. I just happened to beat 3 other guys to the store and bought it. They are still finishing putting it together and I bought the brush gaurd, warn winch, dual scabbards with rail system, and the full cab kit with doors for far less than a Ranger equally equipped! They are even getting it licensed and street legal for me and I pick it up on Thursday. I was going to buy the Ranger because I couldn't find a Prowler and I feel the Ranger would be better suited for what I do, but I just hate the bench seat and the "golf cart" feel. Thanks for all the reply's you guys gave me on this previous subject. I will post pic's when I get it home! Thanks, JIM

Awsome! You (and your clients!) will enjoy it a lot more than a quad! Can't wait for the photos.

I bought a Samurai a couple weeks ago. I will post some pics when I am finished making it into a huntin machine. Its only 60 inches wide.

Samurai's are the way to go. If you were to put $8k-$9k into one, man, you could go anywhere!

Ultramag, I never got a straight answer on price for the 700 Ranger, I talked to 4 different dealers and they all gave me a price range between 11,00.00 -13,000.00 out the door, but wanted me to sit down and do the paperwork to find out exactly!? I really wanted the full cab kit on whatever I bought and that is what narrowed my search down to the Ranger and the Prowler. The Rhino had some aftermarket cab kits that were fabric with zippers available but not what I was after. The Ranger cab kit would have been difficult to track down and $3,000.00 just for the kit, not installed. The kit looked awesome though but is almost exactly like the Prowler kit which is around $2,200.00, not installed. It's alot of $ but will be worth it on a late Kaibab hunt especially with a heater! I wasn't having the greatest experience dealing with the Polaris dealers around here, if I were to buy one I would go to the one in Rye, south of Payson. I have heard nothing but good stuff about that guy, Bass would know more about them. I think if you could melt the Ranger and Prowler together with the Rhino, you'd have one heck of a machine! They are all good. If I had the same add-ons as I got on the Prowler on a Ranger XP, it would have been over $16,00.00 from what I heard. I never sat down and crunched the numbers with those guys, a little too agressive for me!

Azhuntnut, A Samurai would be cool! I just don't have the mechanical know-how to work on one if it broke down or fix it up, but, I could replace every peice of glass in one, blind-folded! BTW, How did your trip with Manny to the Rez go? Thanks, JIM

That's funny Couesfan I just saw a Prowler over the weekend and I thought of you right away. That thing is awsome! I didn't know how it compared to the Rhino or the Ranger in price or features but it did look cool! The sales person did say that they were hard to come buy but I thought he was just being a salesman. He did say that the only colors available were red and lime green. Maybe he couldn't get marsh green anyway congrats!

:)

Oh yeah I forgot! My cousin is installing some home made parts on to one of our Rhinos. Two 6" KC lights, and a custom bumper.

Oh yeah I forgot! My cousin is installing some home made parts on to one of our Rhinos. Two 6" KC lights, and a custom bumper.

Hey Bass, I just bought a custom rear bumper for the Prowler last night on ebay. It had a light kit available for $120.00 that had all the wiring harness stuff you would need which hooked up to the reverse switch, and two small lights. I didn't buy it, too much money, but was curious how hard it would be to buy it cheaper here and install lights myself. I also wondered what the maximum would be for adding lights, front and back, as far as wattage goes? Is there a limit to size/output etc.? Post some pic's of your Rhino when it's done!

More D, I think the Prowler looks the best out of all, but the Rhino with upgraded 14' aluminum wheels and bigger meatier tires looks even better, they are very similar overall, and the marsh green Prowler does seem to be the hardest one to get, I got lucky to get mine, that flourescent green is pretty bright! Thanks, JIM

Alright, I pick up my new ride tomorrow! I'll post pic's but it won't be totally built yet. I am installing all the accessories myself to save money, so I'll do a before and after. I need to get a smaller CWT.com sticker from Amanda for it also! Thanks, JIM

Finally, I got it home last night and got some pic's just now. I drove it a little bit around here, but have yet to "REALLY" drive it! I have to wait until the break-in period is over to try it out past 1/2 throttle. This thing is very smooth over rough stuff and very comfortable. I can't wait to get it out of town and see how the bed holds up to a couple of elk sheds! I pick up the rest of the accesories next week and will post pic's when it's together. Thanks again for everyones info and suggestions, I hope it turns out I made a good decision, we'll see how it holds up! Thanks, JIM

DSC_0151.jpg

DSC_0158.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

Looks like a sweet ride Jim! I am jealous! Let us know how you like once you give it some time on rough roads.

And just let me know the length you want for a new CW.com sticker and color and I will get one custom made for you. :angry:

Amanda

SHIP IT TO ALASKA FOR THE MOOSE & CARIBOU TRIP 2006 :angry:

NICE JOB! I MEAN IF YOU'RE GONNA GO ALL THE WAY YOU MIZE WELL GO ALLLLLLL THE WAY! I'VE HEARD FROM ALASKANS THE ARCTIC CATS DO REAL WELL IN SNOW WITH CHAINS. THE ACCESSORIES ARE LIMITLESS, TREE STAND/BOWHOLDER ...

Nice piece of "gear" .

Doug

AzP&Y

(hope it's ok I altered your picture)... :angry:

post-898-1143262122.jpg

Are those wheels "spinners". :lol: Got a little bling bling on that sucker. I think you are going to loose those steps to the rocks pretty quick. I finally got all of my parts this week for my Samurai. I will post some pics when I get the lift and tires on, plus the new hunter green paint.

Guest Ernesto C

Hey Jim congratulations on your new addition (toy) :lol: man that looks sweet and I'm sure you'll have fun on that beauty. Congrats again and God bless.

Ernesto C