CouesWhitetail

Welcome to Colburn and Scott Outfitters!

Please welcome Colburn and Scott Outfitters as a sponsor of CouesWhitetail.com. Darr Colburn and Jay Scott formed their current business in 2008, but have been guides in various capacities since 1997. Many of you may know Darr and Jay from reading their outstanding blog, Jay Scott Outdoors. Colburn and Scott Outfitters (CSO) is a fairly small operation consisting of Darr Colburn, Jay Scott , and Janis Putelis. They focus on quality and not quantity. They guide hunters mostly in Arizona for elk, mule deer, Coues deer, Gould’s and Merriam’s turkeys, and desert bighorn sheep. They also guide hunters in Mexico for Coues deer and Gould’s turkeys.

CSO provides fully outfitted hunts or they can custom create a hunt package for you depending on your needs. For their outfitted hunts, they use travel trailers, wall tents, dome tents, backpacking tents depending on where they are hunting. In certain units their elk camps are based out of a 3 bedroom 2 bath house with full kitchen.

When I asked Jay Scott what made his guiding business different from others, here is what he said, “ I think there are many great outfitters for people to choose from in Arizona. At CSO, we focus on quality experiences and quality trophy animals. We never sub out any hunts. If you book with CSO you will get one of us. NO ONE ELSE! I think that our track record of putting big trophies on the ground speaks for itself. Our focus is quality hunts while hunting hardcore and having a great time.”

He continued, “On behalf of Darr Colburn, Janis Putelis and myself, we look forward to the opportunity to help our clients harvest the trophy of their dreams. Our adventures can be witnessed on our blogs at www.jayscottoutdoors.com and www.colburnandscottoutfitters.blogspot.com. If you want to hunt hard and have a quality hunting experience give us a call!”

Now, the fun part….let’s check out some of the amazing animals their clients have harvested….

Michael Park and his 435 inch Archery elk

post-1-0-97986400-1326689933_thumb.jpg

Alfredo Julian and his 390 Archery bull

post-1-0-07966100-1326689900_thumb.jpg

Terry Chapman with his 372 Archery bull

post-1-0-48914000-1326689947_thumb.jpg

Tim Aldinger's Unit 10 Archery bull

post-1-0-42671700-1326689940_thumb.jpg

and another great bull:

post-1-0-48240000-1326689951_thumb.jpg

some desert bighorn sheep

Glen Hall's 176 sheep

post-1-0-50060000-1326689905_thumb.jpg

Ron Ardorfer's 170 sheep

post-1-0-82393900-1326690235_thumb.jpg

and some Gould's turkey pics from Mexico

post-1-0-15768100-1326689911_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-83199000-1326689922_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-98999700-1326689927_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-46847100-1326689917_thumb.jpg

and some great Coues bucks:

post-1-0-82596400-1326690775_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-80098000-1326690786_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-78601600-1326690769_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-04861700-1326690764_thumb.jpg

Jay is one of the nice guys. He really is honest, sincere and will definitely not disappoint you. This group is a top notch outfit...........thanks for supporting CW.............Allen Taylor...........

Jay is one of the nice guys. He really is honest, sincere and will definitely not disappoint you. This group is a top notch outfit...........thanks for supporting CW.............Allen Taylor...........

Thanks Allen! That $20 bucks will be in the mail for the compliment! We are excited to be involved here at CWT.com. Looking forward to hearing about some great hunts and sharing on some of the topics that are discussed here. Allen saw that you shot a pretty good buck on your hunt. Congrats!

• Like 1

Right on, it's about time you guys signed up here at CWT.com!

In the outfitting world there are a few outfits that are too focused on making money or making a name for themselves and they focus too much on booking multiple clients or competing with others and they don't focus enough on the individual client and their needs or desires. Luckily, there are some great outfits with great guys who sincerely care about each client and give each client their best. Even better is that all these great outfits that I personally know are sponsors of CWT.com and Colburn and Scott are one of the best! Glad to see you guys here and best of luck this year! JIM>

there ya go Jay, don't forget MY $20.00! HA! :P

Jimbo, thanks for the gracious welcome! Check is in the mail. We are excited to be in such great company. Right back at you buddy. Knock em dead this week down there!

• Like 1

Jay...

Welcome, quick question.. I have 8 Elk points I am a NR... When do I have a chance of chasing elk with you guys???? I need to start saving my pennies...

J

Jay...

Welcome, quick question.. I have 8 Elk points I am a NR... When do I have a chance of chasing elk with you guys???? I need to start saving my pennies...

J

Thanks for the welcome! Well it usually takes 13+ points for a non resident to draw the archery elk units that we like 9, 10, 23. Late Rifle elk in unit 23 usually takes around 9-10. So I would say you are gaining on it! Congrats on the recent archery coues buck.

• Like 1

Thank you... Also... Do you have any archery Coues hunts in Mexico?

Actually it is ironic that you ask that because Darr and I are working on a archery program for one of our leases in Mexico right now. I will get back with you once we have the details ironed out. Should be a great setup.

• Like 1