Sign in to follow this  
stalkincoues

What Cell phone provider do you use?

I currently have AT&T and I seem to be the only one in camp or in the hills without cell service. AT&T cell service absolutely sucks!!! I'll drop a call driving on the freeway in town. I'd go back to Verizon but they screwed me when I left for AT&T. I had only 1-1/2 months left of a 2 year contract when I left to get the iphone from AT&T. They told me I'd be only be charged and pro-rated for what I had left on my contract. I went to AT&T and they hit me with a crazy $250 charge (the full cancellation charge). After the Huge charge I called and they said it was because it was an Alltel contract (Verizon bought Alltel while I had Alltel) It really burned me bad! I know they have the best reception and now have the iPhone, but don't care to pay that stupid $250 fee to go back plus $200 for the iphone 16GB and another for the iCare, not to mention another $25 over what I'm paying now for monthly service. I was never happy with Verizon's customer service or how they handled my situations when I had defective or faulty phones. Initially I left Verizon and went to Alltel and was very happy with Alltel. Well,.... then, Verizon bought Alltell and had MORE issues so I left them..... again!

I just signed up for Sprint and have a 14 day trial. I thought I heard in the past that Sprint was pretty good, but not my experience for the 2 whole days so far haha! I won't have enough time to make it up north to Payson Mtns, Flag, Prescott, MT Graham etc... and don't want to be stuck in ANOTHER 2 year contract with cruddy service. Just curious who else has Sprint and how is the coverage in the mountains, out of town and in desolate places. Who else do you have besides AT&T or Verizon and are you happy?

I can say that the service in the White Tanks tonight with Sprint was BAD, AT&T was much better LOL, I couldn't believe it! Heck I had 3-4 bars on sprint and couldn't make a stinking call and failed every time. I've always said "nobody's service could be worse that AT&T" but now I wonder???

My work cell is Sprint and the Verizon service we have on our other phone blows it away. I'm not thrilled with their customer service or prices, but their coverage is so much better than any other provider I have tried.

I have a Sprint workphone and a Verizon personal phone. Hands down, the Verizon is the winner. It has much better coverage. The sprint will drop calls randomly and quite often even though i have a bar or two, I cannot make a call, and I end up using my personal phone to make work calls. As far as cost, the sprint is pronably a better deal. I have dealt with several people visiting the SE part of Az that have AT&T (they are mostly from phoenix where i guess it is quite popular) that have no service at all. I always thought that with roaming that you should be able to get service regardless of the provider, but apparently thats not necessarily true. When the iphone first came out several years ago, a co worker bought one and started showing all the amazing things it could do. He was right, it could do everything except make a phone call.

• Like 1

I currently use a pre=paid Verizon plan. I will never hook into a 2 year contract again. These contracts should be illegal. There have been class action lawsuits against some carriers, and I believe early termination has to be pro-rated.

I had t-mobile for years, well beyond my 2 year contract period. I upgraded my phone and plan, and they don't tell you on the phone that it starts a new contract all over again. when I moved to Montana last year, I found out that T-Mobile coverage really sucks up there. Its a Verizon and At&T state mostly. So I switched to Verizon, and T-Mobile tried to stick me with $500 early cancellation fee for my cell phone and mobile broadband account. I told them that they did not make a full disclosure when I upgraded. I told them to stick it.

All major cell phone companies charge that stupid cancellation fee. Cable companies have followed that pattern in recent years.

I will pay the full price for a phone,and a little more for a monthly pre-paid service package that I can cancel at anytime if I am not happ with it.

Verizon is the best in the West. I have Sprint and it is very poor, and non-existent once you get away from civilization. Working wildland fires in Az, NM, Ca and Mt the guys with Verizon get service in very remote locations, may have to stand in the back of the truck on top of the tool box, but it still works. My Sprint phone gets turned off and put in the glove box and I borrow a Verizon.

I know that's not what you wanted to hear.

I guess you need to ask yourself a question, do I want a cell phone for being out (camping, hunting, etc) or a phone for in town. Verizon has by far the best coverage, then AT&T and Sprint.

What about two phones, one with an unlimited plan like Sprint then a prepaid verison... Either way you need a verizon phone or a satelite phone because the other providers suck in the hills.

That's definitely not what I wanted to hear, but it's the reality, crap! I was excited because this new sprint plan will cost me at least $25 less a month than I'm now paying for AT&T. A Verizon plan will be more expensive than what I'm paying for AT&T. I need a data plan and a reliable smart phone to be able to send/recv. emails and access the Internet in as many remote places as possible.

I could have sworn I heard people say they liked their Sprint service over the years. Must have just been people in the city that never really had to deal with coverage issues out of town or in the hills.

I have my answer, thanks guys! Guess I'll consider tucking my tail between my legs and go talk to Verizon :(

Verizon is the only provider that can even come close to provide adequate service for hunters. I've heard pretty bad things about Sprint service. I would bite the bullet and use a provider I didn't like if service out in the field is a major concern. I wouldn't even consider service from somebody besides Verizon. I switched to them because of lack of service in the field by my last provider.

As another poster said, look into a prepaid plan using the Verizon network. You dont have to go to Verizon. There are other resellers like Net10, Straight Talk, etc that have phones that use the Verizon system and cost A LOT less and you dont need to sign up for a contract. Just pay by the month and if you don't like them, leave.

Verizon is by far the best choice for coverage but not service. I have been with Verizon from the start and will stay with them. I have five phones with them and two with the grandfathered in unlimited data package.

I am a Verizon loyalist. They have always treated me good. You should do a quick google search and see if your employer gets any discounts with Verizon. I found out a while ago that my employer gets a 15% discount off your monthly bill with Verizon. Its not much but hey its better than nothing. I just had to bring in my pay stub to prove that I work for them and they applied it to my account. Actually as I am typing this I remember it was not even my employer that got the discount it was the company we outsourced our payroll type stuff to. Anyway that is my 2 cents.

only had verizon...it really has the best coverage. Works almost everywhere

sprint has the best truly unlimited data plan and is cheaper. I would go sprint for city use and a prepaid verizon when you go out in the boonies. only buy a small amount since they expire if you dont use them. my .02