Sign in to follow this  
azcouesandelk

My Dad Connected!!!

I got a call from a good friend Mr. Jonathon around 10 am on the 16th saying they just saw a big cat on a calf kill. So we were able to get a hold of a good lion guide that would go down and run his dogs for the cat the next morning. My dad and the guide with the dogs got to the calf kill and the cat was up a tree within 100 yards of the kill in under 5 minutes. Game and fish aged the cat between 8 and 9 years with an estimated live weight of 140 lbs. I will be posting some more pictures when we get them.

post-322-0-77059400-1326861238_thumb.jpg

post-322-0-77108000-1326861310_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nice job! Always cool to see everything work out!

• Like 1

Saw your facebook post, Christian! AWESOME for your dad!!!!!!

Also, maybe one of the shortest lion chases ever! I went on my first (hopefully not my last) lion chase last Spring/Winter. We chased the dogs for close to 9 miles ONE WAY through some of the nastiest desert/rocks/canyons/mountains I've seen, and we never caught the cat! :blink: Was one of the most intense and best days of hunting that I have ever had though. I hope to do it again someday, and I plan on trying to be in better shape! ;)

S.

:)

• Like 1

Great tom - congrats for your father.

I hope I'm not out of line; however, would you please share the name of your father's guide and where this lion was dispatched? My son and I have been considering a guided lion hunt and don't know any guides with dogs. It would also be cool to know the area where this tom was working.

• Like 1

Congratulations Randy. That certainly is an awesome cat. It will make a great looking mount for sure. Thanks for sharing your Dad's lion with us Christian. :)

TJ

• Like 1

What a beast of a cat! Congrats to your dad!

-Tracy

Couldn't have worked out better or for a nicer guy. Randy is an awesome guy to hit the hills with!

• Like 1