deaddog250

ice fishing

not a bad year thus far on the ice even though the raised the Res. permit price :(

post-4893-0-36265900-1327035091_thumb.jpg

16.9 oz water bottle for size ref.

post-4893-0-74351500-1327035252_thumb.jpg

20oz pepsi bottle for ref.

Last time I went ice fishing by the end of the day couldn't feel my fingers or toes. That was 20 years ago. Haven't been back since. :unsure: :blink:

Nice job on the catch. :)

Brian

That's cool right there! I've always wanted to try ice fishing but there's something about sitting on a sheet of ice that freaks me out.

Wow, those are some nice trout! Went ice fishing on Ashurst lake many, many years ago. If it's not windy it is really pretty pleasant.

ya its lots of fun if you get a nice day, the ice can be kinda nerve racking when it making lots of noise but for trout that size and numbers I love it

Still lots of ice(for now) and fish great time with some friends its kinda weird standing on ice fishing when its almost 60

post-4893-0-42275000-1331067180_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing all them trout. They are very nice in size. Brings back memories of my high school days ice fishing a little pond back in Ohio. Thanks! :)

TJ

Looks like one brookie in there. I used to LOVE ice fishing Sunrise. I'd catch a whole bunch of brookies back then and bring them home and smoke 'em. Closest thing we have up here to smoked salmon. The 'bows on the other hand, I just can't eat. Still would be fun to take the boys up if the action is hot.

ya good brookies are few and far between these days but are great eatin good for me i love big trout the little ones suck fighting the bones the whole time but 2-3 pounders have alot of bonless meat :D

Very nice and thanks for posting. It would freak me out to be on ice like that. But being from Phoenix/Globe I know ice is too thin to walk on!