Sign in to follow this  
Guest oneshot

"Spirit Towers" You and I...

It sounds like they are "spirit towers" where you are knocking them down, but on quite a few trails I have been on those rock cairns are the only markers for the trail. Often see them above tree line in the Pecos Wilderness in Northern NM and many other places on rarely traveled trails they are the only way to stay on course.

I have been on some hard to follow trails where these cairns really saved my bacon....pre-gps day's of course :) If they are on a legitimate trail you should leave them alone, they are hurting nothing. ;)

YOU: I guess You came up with this idea while mucking out the stalls at your Unicorn ranch, or during a lull on your honeymoon after your gay marriage of placing these eye-sores along the trails in the Coronado National Forest. The tofu and tie-dye has reached toxic levels, and your free-range cotton and wool garments have caused a rash and a fever that makes YOU unable to respect public lands. If knowing that this is an illegal activity, with fines, doesnt give YOU pause and stop YOU from impacting in a negitive way others outdoor enjoyment, Please note that people that make these "spirit towers" are reincarnated into Dung Beetles with long life spans and a deep hunger...

Dude.... That's some serious anger there! :blink:

Sometimes when I'm glassing with the kids they will pile some rocks up for the fun of it when they get a little antsy or bored. I never saw it as a lack of respect for public lands. I've seen a few piles or rocks around, and it never really negatively impacted my outdoor enjoyment either. ;)

S.

:)

put up a trail camera to see if Sasquatch is behind it all.

Mountain trolls!

1) Gather Rocks

2) Stack Rocks

3) ???

4) Profit!

I only knock them down when they are marking a road I want to travel on to get to my hunting spot! :lol: