This year in New Mexico the NMDGF had a Dec. rifle hunt for coues deer for the first time. My Uncle, daughter and i unfortunately had to share our beloved hunting ground with four different groups from Arizona, all of whom drove their atvs off the designated road, which is illegal in New Mexico, and left bud and bud light lime cans littered about the area, which as far as I know, is illegal everywhere. And unfortunately my fourteen year old daughter had to bear witness to this desecration of the land we so enjoyed and love. Besides disrespecting the land by leaving their trash lying around these "hunters" spot deer at 800 to 1,000 yards and then "sneak in" to 500 to 700 yards and shoot at unsuspecting game. If this is how you all do it in Arizona you should all be ashamed of your self's, having a spotting scope and an ATV does not make up for a lack of woodsman ship, not to mention basic morals and respect for the land and the game we pursue. People like you are the reason i stopped hunting with a rifle. You give us all a bad reputation. If this is how you act when you are a guest in another state I would hate to see how your home state/forests are treated. Its no wonder why anti-hunting groups despise us all and lump us into one group. I am a traditional bow hunter and take pride in being able to get close to game undetected, I may not "tag out" every year but I love every minute i spend in the woods. Thankfully in New Mexico we ample wilderness areas with no motorized travel allowed which is where I will hunting from now on. I wish you the worst of luck and hope you never draw a tag in New Mexico again.

• Like 2

This year in New Mexico the NMDGF had a Dec. rifle hunt for coues deer for the first time. My Uncle, daughter and i unfortunately had to share our beloved hunting ground with four different groups from Arizona, all of whom drove their atvs off the designated road, which is illegal in New Mexico, and left bud and bud light lime cans littered about the area, which as far as I know, is illegal everywhere. And unfortunately my fourteen year old daughter had to bear witness to this desecration of the land we so enjoyed and love. Besides disrespecting the land by leaving their trash lying around these "hunters" spot deer at 800 to 1,000 yards and then "sneak in" to 500 to 700 yards and shoot at unsuspecting game. If this is how you all do it in Arizona you should all be ashamed of your self's, having a spotting scope and an ATV does not make up for a lack of woodsman ship, not to mention basic morals and respect for the land and the game we pursue. People like you are the reason i stopped hunting with a rifle. You give us all a bad reputation. If this is how you act when you are a guest in another state I would hate to see how your home state/forests are treated. Its no wonder why anti-hunting groups despise us all and lump us into one group. I am a traditional bow hunter and take pride in being able to get close to game undetected, I may not "tag out" every year but I love every minute i spend in the woods. Thankfully in New Mexico we ample wilderness areas with no motorized travel allowed which is where I will hunting from now on. I wish you the worst of luck and hope you never draw a tag in New Mexico again.

Great post , sleep on it mull it over in your mind and tell us how you feel about it tomorrow! I was thinking of moving to NM next winter! Got any suggestions for good hunting spots! :P :D

• Like 4

that is really too bad. I know that is not how any of the other hunters from AZ that I know hunt. hopefully you are not "lumping us into one group".

Whoah there pardner! I really feel for you and I understand your frustrations. I don't like slob hunters either. But coming on to a public forum and basically blaming every hunter in an entire state for what a few slobs you witnessed doing is not exactly rational (I'm trying to be polite).

I certainly hope you got the license plate numbers of those guys because they were breaking the law, because as you know, you have a legal obligation to report violations of those types to NM G&F. You did that, right?

• Like 4

well TBH - I'm sorry it happened. I'm sure it happens in other states also and not just by Arizonians!

It does show disrespect-- -littering - drinking- offroading -while hunting - the majority of us do not like or tolerate either.

It would be nice to know of which groups you speak and where this desecration took place -

Did you report it to the NMDGF ?! get license #'s- you should have reported it immediatly!

well im from az and i had the same tag and i killed my buck at almost 700 yards but i dont throw my trash every were

You mean you can't throw your trash on the ground in NM? From the looks of NM you could have fooled me...

• Like 6

The fact that you rate all Az hunters from a couple douche bags from here is ridiculous! I have been to New Mexico and had about the same problems BUT from NM residents and did not once think about blasting an entire state of hunters in one post! Unless you just are in need of the attention?? Maybe should have spent more time hunting then keeping tabs on the Non Res hunters.

So I'm assuming you shoot a recurve and yell out run before you shoot right? Cause that seems like a "fair chase" to me.. But wether its 20 yards or 800 yards it's still them not knowing you are there. Also most of the guys that shoot long range like that along with top of the line equipment to make sure if a clean, accurate shot!! Much better in my opinion then a lousy archery shot. Witch happens far more then rifle shots. Iam both into archery and long range shooting. Never lost game shooting over 500yrds but lost a couple 50yrd or less with a bow. Littering is not accepted anywhere and I agree with you on that one. I don't feel that you coming on here downing arizonans is reasonable... Everywhere has bad apples we just have to deal with them appropriately ..keep hunting hard and adress these issues along the way to make sure we can all have great expirences to come!!!!!

• Like 2

Welcome to public land hunting sir. All you can do is pick up cans when you find them, and try to get up earlier and go in farther than the knuckleheads.

And I am completely against shooting at unsuspecting game also. A quick "look out!!!" before I shoot is the norm for me, and I find it really levels the playing field. Good on you for being against the whole "being sneaky" thing also. That's for rookies.

• Like 1

i saw a t shirt. it said "new mexico, just like the old one". when you're eastern Az and it's windy, it ain't the wind blowin', it new mex suckin'. if they ever give the earth an enema they'll stick the hose in new mex. i got a million of em. yeah, we all chunk trash everwhere, tear things up with quads and are too stupid to know that auctionin' off all our tags is good for us. Lark.

"shoot at unsuspecting game" ??? what are you supposed to do fire a couple warning shots in the air to let them know you're coming? come on dude!

I won't take it personal, I don't own a quad.......

You will run into idiots like that in every state, we've all cussed them at one time or another.