I grew up in Az and live in NM and I have cleaned up abandoned campsites in both states, I dont think you can responsibly condemn the state for some of the people in them. That is like saying that all women in Az are ugly because Janet Napolitano is, or that all women in NM are ugly because Bill Richardsons wife looked just like him(just Uglier)

Basically there are just worthless dingleberries who dont get it. They are the ones that ruin it for the rest of us, unfortunately I think every state has its fair share of them. As far as the distance shooting, if I am comfortable shooting at long distances with a rifle then I should be able to do it. Part of hunting is knowing where they are and spotting the game, part of it is closing distance to your comfortable range and the last part is making the shot, REGARDLESS OF IF YOU RIFLE HUNT, MUZZLELOADER HUNT, OR TRADITIONAL ARCHERY HUNT!!!

I am way more comfortable shooting 600 yards with my rifle than I am shooting my bow at 50 yards. I know that I would be way more apt to wound an animal at 50 yards with my bow than I would to wound it at 600 yards with my rifle. Point is, I wont shoot from a distance I am not comfortable with, you dont know if those guys were just flinging lead or taking legitimate shots. Unfortunately you were hunting public land and you have to share it good or bad.

Good luck on your bow hunts next year!! ag

Sorry fellow CWTers and Arizonans, I get real defensive when people poke at me and other good hunters without looking at themselves first. I don't use this forum to bash the "group." If I see someone doing something wrong then I go to them not everybody!

Wow! Friend Tradbowhunter next time you come over our fence to beat and bully on us. You better bring reinforcements!

I mean refreshments so we can all eat drink and be merry for tommorrow we're comin to your house! :D

janet is a woman? naaaaww. you sure? last time i came home from an extended trip i droov into the gate o' the rancho neglecto and this ol' cowboy's sweetheart was out doin' my chores for me and she looked up at the truck and said, "what'd you bring all that garbage home for?" then she said "oh, it's you".

this is a true story. so was the first one, but this one is better and because of it i'm real careful about pickin' up other folks's garbage. late elk hunt, U1. quite cold. there was a big gulp cup sittin' the road where it hit the big lake highway. it was about dark and we were heading in and stopped to take a quick qhiz before goin' to town. i swore a little and picked up the big gulp, which was full, but frozen and set it in the back o' my pickup. forgot about it. went back out the next day. my youngest kid shot a big ol' 6x6, at about 400 yards too, so tradbowboy will be mad about that too. and he was only 13, so i ruint him early. anyway, we got his elk loaded up and ran into some folks we knew and helped them drag one to the truck and load it and headed to town and were right where i picked up the big gulp cup and saw a buddy who had a hunter from new joisy and he had a nice 6x6. we stopped and were bs'in' with them. the day had warmed up good. i looked in the back of the truck the big gulp had thawed out. it was fulla puke. and startin' to run all over. puke slush. i look real careful before i pick up anybody elses garbage. Lark.

Lark! There are aren't many of your post that I don't find very informative or just Friggin funny!!!! Great story!

I think this guy or gal is upset because he or she didnt get what they wanted out of there hunt and want to blame it on someone else....Go out, hunt, scout and put in the time. the crap you talk of happens everywhere, but to put that BS on "true" hunters from AZ is crap...grow up! really GROW UP!!!!!I don't know who you are but to throw all AZ hunters under the bus is wrong and you should keep your thoughts to your self because they are just plain out of line and wrong...all i have to say is pi$$ off!Have fun and good luck on your hunts but dont put all people from AZ in the same bunch...YOU ARE WRONG!

~Mark

• Like 1

"shoot at unsuspecting game" ??? what are you supposed to do fire a couple warning shots in the air to let them know you're coming? come on dude!

My personal favorite.

Guest super jumbo

I thought ignorance at the level that this dude from new mexico choses to exhibit was pretty much stamped out of the world. To come on here and grab a paint can and start brushing with such broad strokes is , well lets just say funny to me. Wow!!! I feel like this has more to do with his choice of weapon than anything else. he probably wants to brag a little about his use of traditional equipment and thats it. I will bring my friends to new mexico who spot deer at 1200 yards and sneak into 900 for the shot. if i was you i would hunt at diff dates than you do in this unit so you dont have to share the field with other legal hunters again. What a super cheezy post to put on here. I would venture to say that i hunt new mexico as much as you my brother, and in my years there i have seen plenty of you new mexico residents trashing your own lands with amazing precision. There are slobs from every state dude, go back to the south with your old school attitude. Your ignorance is trully amazing.

Sorry fellow CWTers and Arizonans, I get real defensive when people poke at me and other good hunters without looking at themselves first. I don't use this forum to bash the "group." If I see someone doing something wrong then I go to them not everybody!

Wow! Friend Tradbowhunter next time you come over our fence to beat and bully on us. You better bring reinforcements!

I mean refreshments so we can all eat drink and be merry for tommorrow we're comin to your house! :D

Elkhunter1, Guess you missed the point. A little spankin and then a hug :)

Like jim weirs, this poster did not think before he spoke. Hopefully some guys from NM will jump in. I have hunted NM and hunt each year here in AZ with guys from NM. It is not the state your from, but the "state your in" meaning how you were brought up. USO is headquartered in NM and they are not my favorite group, but I dont paint the whole state the same as USO. Sorry this happened to you, but be careful how you ascribe titles to all "AZ" hunters, you will be wrong and worst of all have taught your daughter to descriminate.........Allen.......

Like jim weirs, this poster did not think before he spoke. Hopefully some guys from NM will jump in. I have hunted NM and hunt each year here in AZ with guys from NM. It is not the state your from, but the "state your in" meaning how you were brought up. USO is headquartered in NM and they are not my favorite group, but I dont paint the whole state the same as USO. Sorry this happened to you, but be careful how you ascribe titles to all "AZ" hunters, you will be wrong and worst of all have taught your daughter to descriminate.........Allen.......

This year in New Mexico the NMDGF had a Dec. rifle hunt for coues deer for the first time. My Uncle, daughter and i unfortunately had to share our beloved hunting ground with four different groups from Arizona, all of whom drove their atvs off the designated road, which is illegal in New Mexico, and left bud and bud light lime cans littered about the area, which as far as I know, is illegal everywhere. And unfortunately my fourteen year old daughter had to bear witness to this desecration of the land we so enjoyed and love. Besides disrespecting the land by leaving their trash lying around these "hunters" spot deer at 800 to 1,000 yards and then "sneak in" to 500 to 700 yards and shoot at unsuspecting game. If this is how you all do it in Arizona you should all be ashamed of your self's, having a spotting scope and an ATV does not make up for a lack of woodsman ship, not to mention basic morals and respect for the land and the game we pursue. People like you are the reason i stopped hunting with a rifle. You give us all a bad reputation. If this is how you act when you are a guest in another state I would hate to see how your home state/forests are treated. Its no wonder why anti-hunting groups despise us all and lump us into one group. I am a traditional bow hunter and take pride in being able to get close to game undetected, I may not "tag out" every year but I love every minute i spend in the woods. Thankfully in New Mexico we ample wilderness areas with no motorized travel allowed which is where I will hunting from now on. I wish you the worst of luck and hope you never draw a tag in New Mexico again.

YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER CRY BABY - "LORD HUMONGOUS OFFICIALLY CHALLENGE'S YOU TO THUNDERDOME!" :ph34r:

http://youtu.be/3hQC3nkftrk < CLICKY CLICKY

• Like 3

Although I was born and raised in New Mexico (in Silver City in fact) I now live in Az. I did a lot of hunting and fishing and all around running around in the state when I lived there. Unless something has drastically changed in the last few years, the same types of idiots live in New Mexico as in Arizona (along with the rest of the U.S.). When I lived there, I saw a lot of "native" New Mexicans throwing garbage out, illegal off roading, poaching and generally giving sportsman a bad reputation. The fact that you are classifying everyone that lives in Arizona in the same boat shows your ignorance. I can take you to a lot of places in the southwest portion of the state that are trashed. I seriously doubt you can (in all seriousness) say that those also are the results of people from Arizona.

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and guess your bad day was the cause of your rant. Its pretty hard to offend me, but I can tell you that getting on the internet and chewing the @ss OF THE ENTIRE STATE is not the way to start making friends.

Elkhunter1, Guess you missed the point. A little spankin and then a hug :)

I thought my first post was the spankin and I was appoligising to our fellow LEGAL hunters and CWTers, not the a-hole that started this!