Sign in to follow this  
gearsnagger

Flying The Crack

Holy mother!!!! Gack!! :blink: :blink:

Saw a story on one of those 'magazine' shows (I think it was 60 minutes....) about a group of guys that do that. Amazing stuff! Takes HUGE ones to even think seriously about trying it. Pretty cool though!

S.

:)

• Like 2

That is crazy! I will stay on solid ground, and hope to keep my body together. Way too much gravity happening there! Cool video, thanks.

• Like 2

Here's a write-up on the 60 Minutes story I saw a while back. CRAZY!! http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/10/09/60minutes/main5374843.shtml

cbryant11, the story says they can reach speeds of 140-150 MPH! In the TV story I saw, it mentioned the fast speeds. I'm no physicist, but I'm guessing those speeds would be necessary to get the lift and control you would need out of the 'flying squirrel' suit!

Nutty stuff!!

S.

:)

He broke both ankles and has a bruised knee, but is otherwise fine, not to mention lucky as heck. This was his 2nd attempt to jump off Table Mountain that week. He did not, however, have a permit to jump off the mountain and is now facing a $190 fine, but no jail time. The company that was filming him for HBO is also facing fines, and a possible expulsion from all national parks in South Africa.