Str8Shot

What Happened to Gino's thread

I am in the middle of three online classes and I have to read a bunch of "educational blogging".......none of it as interesting as that thread sounds like.

Course these days things seem a little testy on here and very little going on with the actual hunting and fishing........ <_<

Dang...where have i been....I hate it when I miss a barn burner.....

Non-typical, you sure did miss a doosey. It was like a mobile home fire. It started small, but got big and gone in a hurry.

HAHA...save the Papst Blue Ribbon and the pork rinds....the rest can burn.

No there was a ton of questions asked in that thread that were never answered. It was kind of like a if you don't agree with me I will not answer you're question type of deal. It was real annoying. I mean Sundevil and I asked some real good questions and nobody seemed to care or WANT to answer........

So just what the the heck is going on????

There is no place for name calling or threatening at all. But when straight forward questions are asked and no answers given it just makes you wonder why.

No there was a ton of questions asked in that thread that were never answered. It was kind of like a if you don't agree with me I will not answer you're question type of deal. It was real annoying. I mean Sundevil and I asked some real good questions and nobody seemed to care or WANT to answer........

There is no place for name calling or threatening at all. But when straight forward questions are asked and no answers given it just makes you wonder why.

Desertdog

I was not surprised by his not wanting to answer many legit questions on that thread, I also know that he read them, since he was on and replying to others not long after I submitted a couple of them. If you look through his various threads and not just on this forum he seems to like to throw out insults and names often before the conversation gets heated. I have done my share of making sarcastic and witty statements as well as stating things some may consider rude or insults, but usually I like to look outside the box and see the bigger picture, hence asking the questions. Gino chose not to answer the questions and tried a generic answer for them all when he stated and I am paraphrasing (this is not about the laws it is about ethics and respect). Now, we all think many laws are BS but the majority buck up and follow them anyway. I believe that Ethics and respect in our hunting community is just as much about what Gino stated as it is that we all respect the laws as well. If 10% choose not to follow the same rules as the other 90% how is that being ethical and respecting your peers? The same peers that you want respect from. These were the answers I was trying to get from Gino, but knew I never would. I will not PM him, since I know he read what I asked, and he can choose to let me know his perspective if he chooses. I have no ill feeling for Gino, and From what I have seen and read he is a heck of a hunter and has a passion that myself and most do respect. However, I find it hard to have a genuine like for people who seem so self absorbed that they can not step outside their little box and try to see things from a different perspective.

Gino, may have been right about the guy, but there may be more to his behaviors than being a lazy poacher, and maybe it has to do with what he perceives as some not following the same rules he does.

The fact that the thread was nuked with so many valid statements and questions unanswered does not agree with me. I also think that by doing that to a thread is a slap to the face to those of us that asked legitimate questions.

Desertdog

I was not surprised by his not wanting to answer many legit questions on that thread, I also know that he read them, since he was on and replying to others not long after I submitted a couple of them. If you look through his various threads and not just on this forum he seems to like to throw out insults and names often before the conversation gets heated. I have done my share of making sarcastic and witty statements as well as stating things some may consider rude or insults, but usually I like to look outside the box and see the bigger picture, hence asking the questions. Gino chose not to answer the questions and tried a generic answer for them all when he stated and I am paraphrasing (this is not about the laws it is about ethics and respect). Now, we all think many laws are BS but the majority buck up and follow them anyway. I believe that Ethics and respect in our hunting community is just as much about what Gino stated as it is that we all respect the laws as well. If 10% choose not to follow the same rules as the other 90% how is that being ethical and respecting your peers? The same peers that you want respect from. These were the answers I was trying to get from Gino, but knew I never would. I will not PM him, since I know he read what I asked, and he can choose to let me know his perspective if he chooses. I have no ill feeling for Gino, and From what I have seen and read he is a heck of a hunter and has a passion that myself and most do respect. However, I find it hard to have a genuine like for people who seem so self absorbed that they can not step outside their little box and try to see things from a different perspective.

Gino, may have been right about the guy, but there may be more to his behaviors than being a lazy poacher, and maybe it has to do with what he perceives as some not following the same rules he does.

The fact that the thread was nuked with so many valid statements and questions unanswered does not agree with me. I also think that by doing that to a thread is a slap to the face to those of us that asked legitimate questions.

My questions were more directed for anyone reading the thread to answer not just Gino. But I get what your sayin.

can we get gearsnagger to put back up the picture of his wife/girlfriend/sister/mother, whichever it was?

I would like a thread that was somewhat informative but got out of hand to be closed to replys but, left intact so people who didnt see it when it was live could see what happened. ???

Gentlemen,

Pardon my absence… life has been full and time has been short…

I am disturbed and probably honored that you all seem to think so much of my interpretation of laws that you need to start an additional thread about it. I am also disturbed by the feedback on a personal level that I have received about this site… people are calling you all a bunch of MM.Com acta-likes… and that is very Sad for Amanda who actually mentioned to me that “pulling the plug on the whole dam forum would solve the problem.” How, so many threads on here have spewed a foul odor and disrespect of one another? Guys… that is NOT what the intention is here on this Forum or any forum… And YES I got my Arse chewed multiple times on a personal level for the tone I set with my previous thread… but I was also quietly praised by just as many for saying something that a lot of guys were thinking and/or questioning in there own hunting spots…. However, in lieu of the fact that no one seemed to share or care about my interpretation of moral/ethical on the previous thread, I find it useless and counterproductive to even begin to address the legalities of the subject. I wish to also tell you that I did not fully ready any posts on the thread that exploded unless I was being verbally mauled… and responded to those… which was useless in retrospect. I am sorry to all the good readers of this forum that they bear witness how foul the thread became. I really have no regret for the thread it self but it certainly got out of hand in terms of class. Other than that, the foulness spewed in my direction did nothing more that illustrate, from my perspective, the kind of people that will say anything to get a rise out of someone, protect their agendas’, or in attempt to discredit a valid opinion. As it was, mine was an Opinion and nothing more. The legalities of what I am assuming your questions involved are in general practice, at the interpretations of officers in the field that are forced to police complaints… So I would assume if you really want to make friends with you local WM or Forest Service employee hand them a sheet full of GPS cords to all the treestands you wish removed… and pray that none of them belong to the guy you handed the cords too. :lol: Furthermore, I have friends that have had blinds stolen multiple times… all the blinds were in place for no more than 48 hours, do I consider that abandoned? No… I don’t consider my camp trailer, truck, ranger, 4 wheeler, camping gear or anything else I may leave in a stationary position for my than one night abandoned… I paid for them they are MINE. Now if I chain them to a tree are they less mine? NO… but that tree does not belong to me unless it is a legal firewood tree and I have a permit, then it might be my tree but not until it is loaded in my truck which may be unattended on forest land while I cut on said tree. ;)

I am well known for calling a spade a spade and standing by it, this affair that went viral was simply me pointing out what I perceived as a Bad deal for all of us as hunters… a situation that could escalate into front page headlines if the wrong individuals happened to be involved. Something I never hope we have to read about in the head lines of any news paper. I will not respond to any direct questions on this or any thread because it is not my job to interpret anything for anyone. I will not participate in any further discussion for I have been asked not to create another “barn burner”… Anyone who wishes to chat with me personally may do so… shoot me a pm and I will send you my phone #. In fact the starter of this Thread …. Str8Shot … is also well known for his semi-abrasive and direct “spade calling” text… S8S… I did indeed attempt to PM and email you as you requested… neither apparently worked as your mail box said it was unable to accept.

As a person and a hunter, I don’t hide behind a key board… I am out there and I am living it. My opinions are driven by what I see and the people I meet… I am a true blue conservative that believes in an eye for an eye and that hard work and personal sacrifice are what make our country great and are the only way to realize the American Dream. I wish no ill harm on another person only that they pull their own weight and let me pull mine. I am truly sorry for making the natives restless but my opinions are mine. I was asked not to post anymore on these topics or on this thread so I will likely be outta here for a while… I felt inclined to at least oblige you with the only answers I have for you. Farewell and good hunting… and hunt how it works best for you and do it without infringing on your fellow hunters. Good Day. ;)

• Like 4

Very classy Gino, as you said your opinion is just that. I too have made some rough statements and stand by them but I also can admit when I'm wrong. Now I am not saying you were wrong just that one has to balance his own self from time to time. Good hunting to all

Stephen

• Like 3

Str8Shot - Semi Abrasive? You ought to spend some time with him in person. As his brother I can tell you he is as abrasive as a wood rasp and you will lose skin on the deal LMAO. Just playin with ya brohim.

I guess I missed the thread discussed here but being on this board for quite some time now I get the feeling Gino you are as advertise and probably a cooler cat in person. I also think it is good that people can say their opinions and have discussions and even call someone out, within reason of course, and do so while still respecting the fact others may not agree.

• Like 2

Gentlemen,

Pardon my absence… life has been full and time has been short…

I am disturbed and probably honored that you all seem to think so much of my interpretation of laws that you need to start an additional thread about it. I am also disturbed by the feedback on a personal level that I have received about this site… people are calling you all a bunch of MM.Com acta-likes… and that is very Sad for Amanda who actually mentioned to me that “pulling the plug on the whole dam forum would solve the problem.” How, so many threads on here have spewed a foul odor and disrespect of one another? Guys… that is NOT what the intention is here on this Forum or any forum… And YES I got my Arse chewed multiple times on a personal level for the tone I set with my previous thread… but I was also quietly praised by just as many for saying something that a lot of guys were thinking and/or questioning in there own hunting spots…. However, in lieu of the fact that no one seemed to share or care about my interpretation of moral/ethical on the previous thread, I find it useless and counterproductive to even begin to address the legalities of the subject. I wish to also tell you that I did not fully ready any posts on the thread that exploded unless I was being verbally mauled… and responded to those… which was useless in retrospect. I am sorry to all the good readers of this forum that they bear witness how foul the thread became. I really have no regret for the thread it self but it certainly got out of hand in terms of class. Other than that, the foulness spewed in my direction did nothing more that illustrate, from my perspective, the kind of people that will say anything

to get a rise out of someone, protect their agendas’, or in attempt to discredit a valid opinion. As it was, mine was an Opinion and nothing more. The legalities of what I am assuming your questions involved are in general practice, at the interpretations of officers in the field that are forced to police complaints… So I would assume if you really want to make friends with you local WM or Forest Service employee hand them a sheet full of GPS cords to all the treestands you wish removed… and pray that none of them belong to the guy you handed the cords too. :lol: Furthermore, I have friends that have had blinds stolen multiple times… all the blinds were in place for no more than 48 hours, do I consider that abandoned? No… I don’t consider my camp trailer, truck, ranger, 4 wheeler, camping gear or anything else I may leave in a stationary position for my than one

night abandoned… I paid for them they are MINE. Now if I chain them to a tree are they less mine? NO… but that tree does not belong to me unless it is a legal firewood tree and I have a permit, then it might be my tree but not until it is loaded in my truck which may be unattended on forest land while I cut on said tree. ;)

I am well known for calling a spade a spade and standing by it, this affair that went viral was simply me pointing out what I perceived as a Bad deal for all of us as hunters… a situation that could escalate into front page headlines if the wrong individuals happened to be involved. Something I never hope we have to read about in the head lines of any news paper. I will not respond to any direct questions on this or any thread because it is not my job to interpret anything for anyone. I will not participate in any further discussion for I have been asked not to create another “barn burner”… Anyone who wishes to chat with me personally may do so… shoot me a pm and I will send you my phone #. In fact the starter of this Thread …. Str8Shot … is also well known for his semi-abrasive and direct “spade calling” text… S8S… I did indeed

attempt to PM and email you as you requested… neither apparently worked as your mail box said it was unable to accept.

As a person and a hunter, I don’t hide behind a key board… I am out there and I am living it. My opinions are driven by what I see and the people I meet… I am a true blue conservative that believes in an eye for an eye and that hard work and personal sacrifice are what make our country great and are the only way to realize the American Dream. I wish no ill harm on another person only that they pull their own weight and let me pull mine. I am truly sorry for making the natives restless but my opinions are mine. I was asked not to post anymore on these topics or on this thread so I will likely be outta here for a while… I felt inclined to at least oblige you with the only answers I have for you. Farewell and good hunting… and hunt how it works best for you and do it without infringing on your fellow hunters. Good Day. ;)

That was more BS than an Obama speech without the tele-prompter... Whoever asked you to refrain from posting did us a favor!

• Like 4

Amanda has done a great job with this site and many years ago when she first started it it was a site where people could come and speak about hunting but now it is a site where you come and hear conflict. If any of you have respect for this site and Amanda and the folks who help her run it you would go back to talking about hunting and leave the fight with the real enemies of our heritage.

Some of you have changed a lot over the years from being very respectful to just looking for a fight--maybe it is the sign of the times--people are frustrated and we want to vent but dang guys and gals can't we vent against the people who are our real enemies??

Time to check ourselves folks because when we fight each other the cancer has started and the end is near.

• Like 4