Sign in to follow this  
dzell

called in lion

Yesterday I went for a quad ride by my house I brought my caller and my rifle with me to go try and call in some bobcats. About noon sometime I decided to make a stand before heading home so I walked down in this big basin and sat above a small rock ledge. I had called for about fifteen or twenty minutes. About that time i decided to look behind me and to my left when I had turned around back to my right there was a lion crouched on the rocks about ten feet away. My rifle was all ready pointed that direction so all i had to do was shoot I blew her clean off the ledge with my .223. When I had got down to her I could see she was in really poor condition another lion had bit her through the shoulder and she had bald spots on her chest and butt and there was several good scars on her back. I gutted her before I packed her out to see what she had been eating and there was nothing in her stomache at all she was about starved to death and her hair is in worse condition than a mid july coat but it was no doubt my most exciting calling trip yet. I have been real fortunate here lately I also called in and killed a big tom bobcat last saturday not far from my house as well I will try and get some pictures posted up later.

HUGE CONGRATS!!!!!! Can't wait to see pics

Updated w/pics

post-2686-0-73188200-1327978793_thumb.jpeg

post-2686-0-56851700-1327978818_thumb.jpeg

post-2686-0-88820000-1327978853_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Everyone has already said it.GREAT JOB AND POST THEM PICS.

You are now in the small club of lucky people who have called and TAKEN a lion.

I hope to join that club someday...

Must have been an awesome experience! Thanks for sharing with the site!

Did you take a picture! Folks would LOVE to see it!

S.

:)

Congrats on the lion - Please post pics - We will keep this going until you do - Posting pics ain't that difficult , I am almost twice your age and was computer illiterate until a few years ago.... A young pup like you should be able to post a pic from your phone without looking at the keyboard! ;)

• Like 2

I'm not going to congratulate you until I see some pictures. Just kidding! Congratulations on what sounds like a heart racing experience for sure. :)

TJ

was this in unit 21 by any chance, and did you talk to some lion hunters on mules after you killed it? my buddies told me a very similar story this morning.

Az outlaw I do have a hound been getting rid of them because of time and money issues. Lefty yes it was in unit 21 and I did run into your buddies they seemed like pretty nice guys. The pictures I have are on my phone I would be more then happy to send them to someone if they would post them up for me thanks for all the nice comments guys .

• Like 1

There you Go!!!! Congrats again! Thought maybe it would be better to put them up by your first post!

About that time i decided to look behind me and to my left when I had turned around back to my right there was a lion crouched on the rocks about ten feet away.

Eeeek! :blink: I don't think I would have had enough composure to shoot!!! Congrats