Sign in to follow this  
AZbowhntr

Sonora 2012

Well I have been waiting for Ernesto to post some pics of his buck so that he could show off his buck before I posted. I was lucky enough to get to go down with Ernesto and one of his friends from there in Yuma on an incredible hunt of a lifetime. I don't think I have ever experienced anything quite like it before. I have hunted several states for deer and elk but nothing that compared to this. All the way from the food to seeing 40 to 50 deer a day with more than half being bucks. Unfortunately we missed the peak of the rut but did get to see some nice bucks chasing does around and acting stupid. I was lucky enough to shoot a great buck on the trip, which ended up being the baby of the bunch but still scored 108+. Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me when I shot my buck. But I was able to get some pictures later on. Hope you enjoy.

Here is a little of what the country looked like. Best Coues country I think I have ever hunted or seen.

IMG_5851.jpg

We saw turkey, coati mundi's, coyotes and even a diamond back rattle snake. Here are a few turkeys.

IMG_5852.jpg

Here is a picture of the area we hung out for a little bit every night. We left in the dark and showed back up in the dark most days.

IMG_5873.jpg

Here is a picture of an absolute hog. I had him in the scope at 140 yds before he turned his head and showed off his left side that was broken just past the G2. I wish he showed up better but the branches in the background make it hard to tell his true size.

IMG_5857.jpg

Here is a picture of my buck in my left hand. The other buck was a warm up. This was my guide Israel. Boy could he hike, and hike, and hike. Never saw him breath hard.

IMG_5895.jpg

Here are a couple pictures of all of us with our bucks and Temo. Everyone in camp was awesome and had a good time together.

IMG_5889.jpg

IMG_5881.jpg

And last but not least, here is one of Randy's buck.

IMG_5872.jpg

• Like 1

I'll tell you what Orlin, you guys have had one of the most successful camps down there this year.

I'm really happy you had the experience you did in regards to quality of terrain, number of bucks seen, and

quality of bucks harvested. I knew at least one of you would score a nice buck and you ALL did!

Don't forget the 7/8" that needs to be added to your 108 score either!

;)

You deserved a buck like this and am so happy for you. It's going to look even better on your wall.

Congratulations again my friend!

Looks like you guys had a great hunt... Thanks for sharing and congratulations on a real nice buck!!!

Dang Orlin, you guys knocked it out of the park! Congratulations on some absolutely beautiful bucks! That country is gorgeous and looks to be a coues paradise. Did you guys see a lot of deer or were the numbers low with great quality? Did you see any lions or lion sign?

Anyway congratulations again, Hector and I were pulling for you and it turned out AWESOME!

P.S.

I could of done without hearing about the snake....I'm still flinching over the one Hector and I saw.

Phil, we were seeing at least 40 to 50 deer a day. We didn't catch the rut like we hoped to have but there was still some bucks chasing does. Mostly 80 to 90" bucks. The first morning of the hunt I hadn't gone 300 yds from the ranch house before seeing an 80" buck. I think if we would have caught the rut just right or if we were there earlier in the year when the bucks were still in their bachelor groups we would have seen some bigger bucks. I don't know for sure what the big buck would have scored if he wasn't broke but he was in another class from what we shot. Temo has great plans for the ranch and I feel it is only going to get better.

We did see quite a bit of lion sign but didn't see any. We had a fox pro with us and were hoping to do some calling if we killed soon enough but it didn't work out that way.

Very cool, thanks. Timing the rut right is tough to do and sometimes it can be extremly frustrating but it looks like it turned out just fine ;)

Orlin, congratulations on a very good buck my friend. It was very nice to meet you and I will hunt with you again any time. You are a nice guy dont care what Hector says about you :lol: To bad our hunt is over :) I want to go back!

Again congratulations and lets chase next year the buck that Randy could not shot at it or the 140 ;)

Ernesto C

Orlin, congratulations on a very good buck my friend. It was very nice to meet you and I will hunt with you again any time. You are a nice guy dont care what Hector says about you :lol: To bad our hunt is over :) I want to go back!

Again congratulations and lets chase next year the buck that Randy could not shot at it or the 140 ;)

Ernesto C

Orlin,

Absolutley one of the best hunts I have been on! YOU ROCK! I am looking forward to the reunion of us 3 stooges next year and am sure we will do even better! 3 AWESOME bucks and a truly great time! You know how to get ahold of me and we will keep in touch! See you in the field!

Randy

P.S. Not sure what Ernie means about the one I could not shoot but I know all about the one I did shoot :rolleyes:

Man Orlin you rock!! WOW reading your story brought back memories and almost brought back tears to my eyes. I want to go back.....I cant wait!!

Ernesto C

Ernesto here on the site is the man when it comes to hunting Mexico. He has some great connections. Send him a PM. I know he is going down this weekend to hunt so he may take a bit to get back to you.

Awesome Bucks! Congrats!

I'd love to get a trip down there soon, can you send me some info on the ranch?

Thanks,

Evan