Sign in to follow this  
Brian27

Desert Buck for next year

Me and my Dad were coyote calling way out west of Phoenix at like 500th Ave. This was 2 weeks ago now and we jumped up this buck. He stood around long enough for me to get a decent photo. He hangs out up on this little hill near one of my dads favorite coyote stands. any way he has been seen 3 times now in the same area. Maybe he will be around for archery season.

forgot to upload the picture

post-5337-0-97808500-1331135739_thumb.jpg

Nice!

:ph34r:

nice!

Someone told me there was a pretty big herd by Aguila (just gerneral local)

But he said he was on em' every time he went out. I never make it out that way but always wanted to check by the farms by salome.

Thanks for sharing that photo!

James

Next time you have a shot at that guy with a bow he could be 25 miles from there. Those desert bucks travel far and wide during the rut. No chance for August, not hunt there in August.

Picture perfect! Thats how it happens when you dont have a tag in your pocket. Good luck next year!

Very nice buck, I've seen some monsters out in the desert. When do these guys start dropping those antlers?

I love seeing deer on the outskirts of town. Had one get hit by a car last year on the 202 and about Greenfield. I heard from two different people about it, went by to try to get the antlers but by the time I got there someone had beat me to it.

Is that another deer or just brush on the skyline to the right of the buck in the foreground?

Bill Quimby

I see what you are looking at Bill. It does look like it could be another buck. I'm guesing not. :)

TJ

Just brush there. But two other deer did go over that way when he stoped to smile for me.