40-year-AZ-hunter

AZSFW Latest Tactic and ADA and AAF Positions

I have been informed that a Mr. Cimallero has requested of the GFD the list of all that were invited to the meeting next Thursday by the GFD. If anyone needed to see the smoking gun, there you have it. "Puppet on a string" rings a bell in my mind. The aforementioned referenced the exact number of groups that had been personally invited to participate in the meeting on the 22nd. This leads me to believe that the governors office did infact share the information which Miss. Gilstrap asked from them. Our best bet on defeating the AZSFW is to have big numbers at the G & F meeting on the 22nd. Though it is a three hour drive for the YVRGC I can assure you that we will be represented.

I have been informed that a Mr. Cimallero has requested of the GFD the list of all that were invited to the meeting next Thursday by the GFD. If anyone needed to see the smoking gun, there you have it. "Puppet on a string" rings a bell in my mind. The aforementioned referenced the exact number of groups that had been personally invited to participate in the meeting on the 22nd. This leads me to believe that the governors office did infact share the information which Miss. Gilstrap asked from them. Our best bet on defeating the AZSFW is to have big numbers at the G & F meeting on the 22nd. Though it is a three hour drive for the YVRGC I can assure you that we will be represented.

Some folks are concerned that people who do not see eye-to-eye with them may get a seat at the new table being set. It's a threat to the existing order! Interestingly, had they not tried to "go a bridge too far" (HB 2072) there would have been no outcry for a change to the status quo that they controlled. Reap what ye soe!

That being said, I'm glad it's a meeting taking place under the auspices of AZ G&F so everyone can see what is happening in the light of day provided by open meeting laws and subject to public records requests (as probably made by Mr. Cimellaro). Things done by AZSFW are not subject to any such visibility. For instance, I've asked Ms Gilstrap repeatedly for the minutes of AZSFW and AZSFWC meetings. They have no obligation to answer to us. Just one more reason not to trust such an organization with tags and funds and authority.

Yep, Pete - I'll be there on the 22nd too!

Bruce

Something new?

We have been moving along even while the political issues are at full throttle.

We own a Name...

Southwest Sportsmen's Alliance

Other paperwork is in the processes, this is happening. As is a mission statement and such.

Conservation, that's what we are about. Working with the G&F and within the HPC system. We have already started building relationships within the G&F and it truly has been easier and received so positively/smoothly that I don't know why we haven't approached this earlier... we are now. We may not always agree with the G&F and them us, but working together is such a no brainer, we all benefit and so will wildlife.

Region 4, especially above I10 has some emergency issues. This will be our first concentrated effort but will not exclude us working with regional sportsmen on their areas. We will continue our Jr camps that we do now in other regions and will not exclude expanding new camps in the state... work with the WMs, predator control is something we can hit hard without funding or federal permission and the WMs will be the best source of immediate concern areas or timing. Water projects are always a foundation of conservation, working now for next year is important as these are time consuming to put together administratively in the G&F. Youth retention is also something that will need to be worked on immediately, scheduling appointments for next year with the boy scouts, 4H ect.

Alliance means just that, we want to have a place that "all' sportsmen can gather to make a difference with brains, feet, helping hands all over the state, working in their habitat, with their wildlife, with the G&F and having the moral support of their brothers and sisters from the border to the strip.

"support the Arizona Game and Fish Department in its ongoing mission of 'Managing Today For Wildlife Tomorrow.'"

thearizonahunter.com website will be the hub... most of us are members of multiple websites so we will share on all of them... all voices are welcome.

Kent

Amanda as a board member of ADA you are in bed wih the enemy! Are you sticking with them or resigning?

Lance, I think that is a little harsh asking Amanda to stick with them or resign. She is a board member of the ADA and things need to be thought out. I know where you stand and I'm with ya on that but we still need to work things out. I was told 3 weeks ago at the ISE Show that I would be getting a poll guestion sent to me on how I felt about HB2072 and I haven't seen anything. It would be easy for me to say the ADA can shov it but I will wait a little longer. The ADA does great work for our deer habitat and I support them for what they do but I agree they need to make a stand. Sh!t or get off the pot.

TJ

• Like 1

This has been going on since the start.

I (as well as many others) noticed right away terms like "as it is written" or paid close attention to what is left out of statements and/or conversations.

Basic political speak. Certain individuals behind this push are masters of these tactics. Problem is, they lose the publics trust. They've lost mine.

And mine as well.

TJ

I hope that Pete gave the G&F his home address. I am sure that AZGFD will happy to mail Pete phone books from across the state. Pete this is a public meeting even you are invited!

I wish that I could go. What do you all think about some local meetings. Could you people from Tucson come back with info and set up some meetings to get the Average Joe informed. I think that we need to spread the word to as many people as possible. Alot of people dont belong to a club, and they need to be informed.

I wish that I could go. What do you all think about some local meetings. Could you people from Tucson come back with info and set up some meetings to get the Average Joe informed. I think that we need to spread the word to as many people as possible. Alot of people dont belong to a club, and they need to be informed.

According to AZGF website it will be braodcast so you could watch it during the meeting.

http://azgfd.net/artman/publish/NewsMedia/First-meeting-of-Sportsmen-s-Constituent-Group-to-be-held-March-22.shtml

Amanda as a board member of ADA you are in bed wih the enemy! Are you sticking with them or resigning?

I think having Amanda on the board is an excellent way to see whats going on

in Ada. Especially if they know where she stands. The tough part for her would be if she's alone on her views and they try to confuse the issues and show thier justifiable reasons for their views , she will need support or at least feel that she has the support of the majority of the average joe's!

I was reminded by a member of this site keep your friends close , keep your enemies closer!

The enemy of my enemy is----my friend. If they are against AZSFW I will support them.

I agree with you. So Amanda must be your friend. :)

I have never seen her support the bill so yes she is. I do hope she can influence the ADA to rid themselves of the Pete C types and take a stand.