This is a photo of my backpack camp back in '94 after I hiked in alone the second weekend. It rained the first few days of the season, and most went home soaked and cold due to leaky tents and cheap ponchos, and did not want to return. I was rewarded with a nice 102" three point.

Doug ~RR

couescamp94_edited.jpg

Nice comfortable looking camp there Doug. I want to see a picture of that buck though!

S.

:)

PS: Erik and I are heading-up to 23 for turkeys tomorrow! I'm hoping one of us can get our first bird. ;) Don't you have a tag as well? Good luck!

Stan, Good luck to you and Erik on your Gobbler hunt. I'll be out in 6B.

I shot the buck from atop the hill in the background. It is one of the hills marked with an X on your map.

couesnov94_edited.jpg

some of you that have been on the forum for several years will remember some of these photos from my dec hunt a couple years ago. We backpacked in the day before opening day and camped out. A rain and snowstorm moved in during the night and it wasn't the most comfortable camp, but I stayed dry in my bivy sack and my husband stayed mostly dry wrapped up in a tube tent. I think my hunting partner on that hunt had a tent with him so he stayed dry. Since that hunt I have bought a nice backpacking tent. I still enjoyed sleeping out in the storm though! The biggest problem was the lack of waterproof boots for the morning hunt. Good thing my hunting partner was good at making a fire out of soggy grass to dry my boots out when it was too foggy to glass anymore!

The orange tube tent and my red bivy sack:

paul-huddled-in-tent.jpg

My husband emerging from his snowy coccoon:

paul-emerging.jpg

My hunting partner, Mark and I enjoying some tea/coffee in the morning.

mark-and-amanda-coffee.jpg

Amanda

Here is a pic of our javelina camp from last Feb.

Now that camp looks like I have been there before ;) Is that your gsp?

Red rabit

Way to hang in there! That is a great buck!

What unit was that?

I suspected I knew the general area of your pics Doug.... :D Outstanding buck! Good luck on your turkey hunt as well! I'm picking Erik up from school at lunch (science & vocab test's this morning... ;) ;) ), then heading-up with my buddies Rich & Richard. They'll be doing the calling for us. Anyway, gotta finish packing & get some groceries!

Nice pics all! Amanda, that camp looks REALLY cold!!! ;)

S.

:)

Home in the hills...

2 trekking poles- a mesh bug shelter and 100 million stars...

post-898-1146791052.jpg

Awesome Picture Huntscout! Love that fire, and the antler shadow on the tent after a long day. Keeper for sure.

AZP&Y, That is a bit more sparse camp than I enjoy but certainly does have it's appeal none-the-less.

Wish I had some pictures of camp to share but sadly I don't. My deer camp usually looks a lot like SunDevil's javelina camp. Could look very similar to a favorite spot in 24b! I usually toss up a great old 10x13 coleman oasis tent, (30 years and still great) set up a table or 2 with campstove and coolers, and ther you go. Not quite the gear for backpacking, but I will leave that for some younger pups.

What an awesome picture Huntscout! Way to capture the light , the shadows and the moment! Weather you ment to or not, good job! :P

here is a pic of our turkey camp from big lake last weekend. bbbbrrrrrrrr!!!

post-268-1146931748.jpg