Sign in to follow this  
mikaele

ADA and Gilstrap

I thought we were told this bill was dead and not to worry about it any more.

John the difference is a group such as the AES isn't in bed with them still but you are.

If you cannot publicly come out and say you or your org wants nothing to do with the azsfw criminals than unfortunately your org should perish. It's very sad because all of the work that has been done by the ADA and its members in the past. The ASFW does not represent the majority of AZ sportsmen period . Try and wrap that around your brain. Every I mean every person but one I have spoke to here in the white mountains that is the avg hunter had never even heard of azsfw nor their toxic and greedy bill.

Because of your inability to distance your org or stand against what's wrong with the whole thing I will never spend another one of my dollars at the ADA functions.

I'm very disheartened about that but it is a thing of principal that I must stand by for myself. I had hoped you would lead by example and steer this org away.

The sad thing is that the ADA and others are veiwed by everyone as a group of board members calling all the shots. The faceless hundreds of members are not considered in our statements about the group. Maybe that is how the ADA has represented itself, I don't know. When I think of an org I try and see it as a total sum of its membership, that's hard to do sometimes these days.

That's rule number 1 in the Don Peay how to run a scam handbook. Take their money but not their opinions.

That's why the bill was tried under emergency legislation. They know that the majority of AZ hunters stand against this crap just as they did against USO .

I think every hunting organization in the state needs to publicly come out against this bill or any similar bill, and by not doing so you are agreeing with it by default.

They won't though Keith. If it passes, they don't want to be out of the club and not get any of the money. Unfortunately some of the best orgs out there are being lured in by the almighty dollar. This bill represtent those that can afford to have a louder voice. Like someone said on another thread, they already know that 90 percent of hunters out there will forgive and forget. They know that 90 percent of the hunters will buy a licence, draw a tag and go hunting and that's where their participation will stop. That leaves them to do as they wish.

Just a reminder to all the members of the ADA to fill out and return the survey that was mailed to you. One of the questions on the survey is whether the ADA should continue supporting the AZSFW.

We voted and returned our letters. I have also contacted our Reps. and Senator. We are members of many wildlife groups, but are devoted the most to AES. We have kept silent on posting in the political area, I just don't like talking politics, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. We will let our actions speak for ourselves. This may be our last year to attend Banquets! But we will continue to support the youth education, hunter retention and work projects.

• Like 1

Amanda when is the annual meeting for the ADA, curious as to how members are going to react to the board.

Our annual meeting is usually in the summer. The last one was in July. So I suspect it will be in July this year. An invitation is mailed out to all members every year. So keep your eye out if you are a member.