But remember, the bill is dead and no longer being pursued.

Perhaps under that bill number, make no mistake they have not given up on it yet.

AZSFW should know by now that the opposition to HB2072 is probably more than those that are for it(?) If they hired 2 more lobbyists to try and ramrod this deal, then they have shown that the Arizona Sportsman mean nothing to them. They must be consulting with Don Peay and SFW.

AZSFW should know by now that the opposition to HB2072 is probably more than those that are for it(?) If they hired 2 more lobbyists to try and ramrod this deal, then they have shown that the Arizona Sportsman mean nothing to them. They must be consulting with Don Peay and SFW.

I am aware that AZSFW has recently met with outdoor clubs in an effort to gain "conceptual agreement" so that SB 2072 can be renewed (re-written) and possibly passed on a second attempt. We all need to be vocal about the good, the bad, and the ugly about this effort.

Kind of proves the point that money can overcome all obstacles. Average Joe is called that because we are average and not entitled. AZSFW and the ADA are a joke now. Good luck getting regular people to volunteer, join or contribute. You have lied and you have abused the right to call yourselves a sportsman's group. Stay vigilant and expose the new bill info. If it gets passed list every politician that voted for it and work as hard to defeat them as we have to defeat this bill. Time to write all the legislators again and this time tell them to demand total transparency from any group that benefits from the sale of our public resource. I am sure Don Peay and Hamberlin will love that deal.

Join the ADA and vote the officers and board members out. If they aren't going to listen to the majority of hunters then get them out, but there has to be people willing to take their place. As far as the azsfw is concerned, I don't care if they disappear, when they become bigger than they are and start to bully stuff through that the people they are supposed to represent oppose, their usefulness is gone if it was ever useful anyway.

• Like 1

Keith.....the bylaws of Ada. call for 2/3 vote by the board members to remove an officer. members can't just vote the board out I don't think. I really think all orgs right now are in a situation where they lack credibility. this may sound like heresy but I think there are way more people out in cyberspace that watch what's going on and have been waiting for groups to make a stance and that hasn't happened. also the lack of communication by the org before, during and in this interim time has been lacking. all in all I think this situation hb2072 could be a time to really get us all together but the only existing group doing any good is azgfd......we need to unite but I am unsure with whom?.......as is a good start but we need a statewide deer org.......currently Ada has to many unanswered questions......allen....

So why not have region chapters and join together with the desert group that being started and helped along by azgfd. I think their in region 4 if I read right . I'm in 1 . The leadership mainly Bpj has sat on their hands long enough and their credibility with me is shot to heck.

Allen I meant at the annual meeting, I thought that was when members have a vote. As far as just removing someone from the board during a term I don't know how that works. I joined the ADA so I had a say, I have went to agfd meetings and said my piece on issues, but the fact is we need more people that are involved and seen. I resigned from the board because I wasn't in az during the week and couldn't attend the meetings, not for any other reason. We need something to unite the masses, to speak for the majority of hunters, to be involved with agfd and projects around the state, we don't need division among us. Divide and conquer, and the funny thing is that we have divided ourselves, not the anti's. The azsfw has split us into pieces, and at this point I hope they go away completely, but I hope it causes everyone to get involved in some way or another.

Kieth. I. totally agree....I read through the bylaws and saw the 2/3 vote to remove officers. I hate the infighting.....without communication from Ada letting us know why the board supports privatizing a public resource, I can't continue to support Ada as it is governed right now. I am ready to volunteer to be on a board, just need to see where theses orgs stand......every board seems to want to sit back and see where the azsfw is at, and to me that will be to late.........this bill needs to be killed and anything like it stopped in the future......allen

This might be seen as a big plug for Southwest Sportmens Alliance... Because it really is.

Part of the reason we wanted to form this org is because of what we were seeing in the places we hunt, parts region 4 and parts of region 6. They weren't getting any attention from any other orgs that we could see. Big problems with predators and lackluster help on water projects. It just so happens that this HB2072 issue cam up in the middle of our planning and it actually diverted attention away from what we were trying to start and deservedly so. We have been working closely with 2 other orgs we as a group have great respect for, YVRGC and AES. They have provided us with a ton of good advice and help.

It just so happens now that we are seeing individual sportsmen with great dissatisfaction with the "status quo". Although we do want to concentrate our efforts on the fore-mentioned areas, we have no idea what the future holds as far as branching out or possibly having regional charters. We are seeing the mule deer populations statewide (except the strip of course) being largely ignored.

We want to implement a 1 member, 1 vote policy. We won't mail you a survey, we'll mail you a ballot. When ballots are counted, that's what we as a group will do. We will have board members that sit on our board and no others as to never have a conflict of interest. We truly want this org to be about its members and have the voice of our members be our policy.

I realize this might seem to be a shameless plug but if you want something different, come help us create it!

Let me add this.

In a situation like this with HB2072, I envision a simple vote and if someone asks us for a stance, I would refer directly to the results of that vote ie... Our members voted 120-56 against this bill, and leave it at that.

From my perspective, and I'm only 1 guy, I think we should be 100 percent about wildlife conservation. I'm sure everyone involved would agree with me but I won't assume to speak for anyone else. In cases like this with 2072, you take a vote and post results and members can individually lobby for or against it.

We are here to support Game and Fish for the benefit of the wildlife. We have already received a very warm welcome and a great response from Game and Fish. They seem to be as excited as we are and I can only assume its because we are taking a different approach. I don't know for sure but it has been good.

The point is, its about the members and the "regular joe" sportsmen. But first and foremost, its about the wildlife.