There is another local station that has expressed interest in this story as well. I am in talks with them. Allen, please PM me with the details of where you will be meeting KTVK if you would like another guy there.

I think it is important to contrast the differences in how auction tag hunters hunt compared to how Average Joe meat in the freezer hunters hunt. The people I have spoken with have responded very well to this information.

Ryan

Really! You think any good can from you going on TV, into the livingrooms of the public and talk about Auction Hunters vs Regular Hunters?? It is one thing to discuss the division us hunters have amongst ourselves on a forum like this one, but to publically bash any form of legal hunting on National television is completely insane!!!! Think about it!!!!

Guys,

bigjohnson123 is a big supporter of 2072. Me thinks we are on the right track!

He has only one previous post from 2 weeks ago when he said "I am 100% percent fully for the passing and implementation of hb2072 ..... ...... How many of you bitchers have ever done one thing to perpetuate, improve and conserve AZ wildlife for future young hunters? So few of you that it is pathetic, just like your argument against this bill....Get off your self rightous high horses.."

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30998&st=45&p=298234entry298234

I sure would not be taking advice from him! Perhaps they are not happy about the light of day being shined on this mess. They have been against any transparency from the beginning!

Good work guys!

Bruce

There is another local station that has expressed interest in this story as well. I am in talks with them. Allen, please PM me with the details of where you will be meeting KTVK if you would like another guy there.

I think it is important to contrast the differences in how auction tag hunters hunt compared to how Average Joe meat in the freezer hunters hunt. The people I have spoken with have responded very well to this information.

Ryan

Really! You think any good can from you going on TV, into the livingrooms of the public and talk about Auction Hunters vs Regular Hunters?? It is one thing to discuss the division us hunters have amongst ourselves on a forum like this one, but to publically bash any form of legal hunting on National television is completely insane!!!! Think about it!!!!

So you think tip toeing around people who are opposed to hunting will be more likely to get them on our side? Thats just flat BS! People need to quit trying to be politically correct around ignorant people and have the nutz to say it like it is! Its not like these guys are going on tv skinning an animal alive. This bill is wrong for our state and those of us who hunt in it. If elitist with big pockets are the way of our hunting future, we dont have a future in hunting!

Ryan

Guys,

bigjohnson123 is a big supporter of 2072. Me thinks we are on the right track!

He has only one previous post from 2 weeks ago when he said "I am 100% percent fully for the passing and implementation of hb2072 ..... ...... How many of you bitchers have ever done one thing to perpetuate, improve and conserve AZ wildlife for future young hunters? So few of you that it is pathetic, just like your argument against this bill....Get off your self rightous high horses.."

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30998&st=45&p=298234entry298234

I sure would not be taking advice from him! Perhaps they are not happy about the light of day being shined on this mess. They have been against any transparency from the beginning!

Good work guys!

Bruce

Yuuuuuuup....the bottom line is that there are options for Average Joes should the people behind this choose to continue their crusade agaist hunt opportunities for Avergae Joe. The concerns of "Big Johnson" only affirm my feelings that this may be worth sharing. Oh, and by the way, I am planning to attend the interview.

Ryan

I know little Johnson is pro 2072 but I also know that the group in the interview won't chase the red herring of bashing rich boys that can't hunt by themselves. This is exactly what I wanted to happen. Light of day from the media and the rats at the Capitol will run and hide. This is an abuse of a public resource to benefit a handful of people. Brewer may find her hands full explaining her honorary chairman positions as well as the legislator tags. Good job and knock'em dead boys.

Should say something to the effect that we are planning a demonstration at the Capitol should things go any further as well . Hammer I got your pm thanks .

I know little Johnson is pro 2072 but I also know that the group in the interview won't chase the red herring of bashing rich boys that can't hunt by themselves. This is exactly what I wanted to happen. Light of day from the media and the rats at the Capitol will run and hide. This is an abuse of a public resource to benefit a handful of people. Brewer may find her hands full explaining her honorary chairman positions as well as the legislator tags. Good job and knock'em dead boys.

let me clear here fellers. I strongly support the right of every american to have and voice an opinion on any issue. I do fully support auction tags, I have never bought one and will never have the funds to do so barring a lottery win. But I recognize the need to compile funds to pay for a whole score of things that will be beneficial to everyone that hunts and fishes. Auction tags are a awesome revenue generator and have proven there worth many times over for several years right here in AZ in units that you guys hunt every year. If you want to go and voice your concerns about a piece of legislation thats one thing, but to directly do as JaviHummer says and condemn auction tags as opposed to "Regular Meat Hunters" is rediculous and counter productive to the overall picture here.Do any single one of you have any idea what the benifits have been in units like 12A, 13A, 13B, 9, 10 and others if not for auction tags!!! Some of you are in over your heads....

Kind of a stretch to compare a few auction tags controlled by G&F to stealing 300+ tags with zero transparency. Nice try though.

Some of you are in over your heads....

With all due respect bigjohnson123, it is exactly that attitude (we know better than you all do what is good for you) that started this whole ordeal in secrecy and continues to try to hide it from the light of day. I have attempted on many occasions to engage the proponents in rational conversations, on their turf, to no avail. Yet, they continue to say, while hiding behind screen names, that it is us that don't understand. Well, we include the entire current G&F Commission, a number of past commissioners, and many hunt (critter) groups.

I will PM you my phone number as I have done with others in the past if you decide you would like to help me understand how I am in over my head.

Be well,

Bruce

Better buy a 30 pack. Gonna be a long wait. Shortjohnson-if this is such a great deal for all of us regular people why would your group not have had open discussions with all of us to sell the idea? That is the fundamental problem your group is facing. Kind of hard to explain right?

That is funny. Every time somebody brings up the bad that SFW does it quickly gets turned around into a discussion about the need for unity in the hunting community. Funny thing is that before 2072 it seemed that the AZ hunting community had many common goals. 2072 divided the hunting community and now supports of 2072 are saying we should not do anything to divide the community. Am I the only person who sees the irony? Here is a simple solution..drop 2072 and reunite the community and don’t work under the assumption that in a couple years most will forgive and forget!

• Like 1

Kind of a stretch to compare a few auction tags controlled by G&F to stealing 300+ tags with zero transparency. Nice try though.

My response to this thread dealt specifically with the remark about pitting auction hunters against regular joe hunters. Auction tags have benefited every single hunter in AZ period whether you will admit it or not! To go on TV and condemn the evil auction hunter is stupid and ignorant. Again, if they want to oppose legislation as a whole, good on em, but as a hunter myself, to publically condemn a program that has huge benefits in terms of hundreds of water projects, some habitat projects and various studies is counter productive to Arizona hunting overall. Set your blinders down for a second and look outside your boxes for a moment...

• Like 1

Ryan

Hey Dinger, read the above quote. If your going argue at least pay attention...

Got it. I just have not heard one person in any meeting talk about the existing tags. Now explain why you never ran this by the websites or your members before getting Weiers to introduce it as emergency legislation. That will help your case if you have one. Thanks.

Better buy a 30 pack. Gonna be a long wait. Shortjohnson-if this is such a great deal for all of us regular people why would your group not have had open discussions with all of us to sell the idea? That is the fundamental problem your group is facing. Kind of hard to explain right?

They claim they were trying to keep the animal rights groups from catching wind. That in itself is a slap in the face to anyone with a brain.