CouesWhitetail

Bill Sponsors have dropped it

Everyone, we absolutely want to maintain the conservation license plate. Those funds are not being abused. Let the dust settle, but dont think WCC who has the conservation license plate is a bad group. Allen Taylor...............

WCC is a great group that has some very good people that started it and has ran it. I am sure the WCC will go back to being their own group soon.

The Wildlife Conservation Council (WCC), previously a separate C-3 organization, merged with AZSFWC in 2010 and is now a standing committee of AZSFWC known as the Wildlife Conservation Council Committee. The WCC serves as an umbrella organization for other wildlife and sportsmen's organizations to communicate and work together collaboratively on important issues. A list of our member organizations is shown below.

In my humble opinion, WCC needs to quickly undo the merger with AZSFWC to regain the respect it once had.

Welcome back Snort. Do you have any first-hand knowledge about the status of the concept behind 2072?

By the way, I never got your PM from 3/9/12 and never heard from you when I sent you my phone number a day later. I was trying hard to avoid "carpal tunnel" as you advised.

Be well.

Bruce

We need to put the skunk smell on the people who are instigaters of this phony game management plan ie money control grab. And never let them get any control over anything in any org. Skunk smell on sneak thieves. :angry:

It would be nice if it got dropped.....but I don't buy it. Those snakes over at AZSFW will wait until Arizona has dropped it's guard, and this situation will rear it's ugly head once more. They will probably wait until they get enough Politicians in their pocket.

WCC is a great group that has some very good people that started it and has ran it. I am sure the WCC will go back to being their own group soon.

+1

bruce, I bet Steve Clark will. know how we need to position wcc.......we discussed this at bass pro before the Ada meeting. anyway, everyone needs to understand why keeping the license plates is a good thing.....allen Taylor......

There are two guys that know the game and have been on the good guy bus since before any of us ever knew about HB 2072. They both have amazing energy and insight into the Arizona wildlife conservation, way beyond what most of the rest of us good guys have. The two guys I am talking about are George Reiners and Steve Clark. These guys have credibility in spades. Even a big mouth livewire like me stops and listens when these guys point out teachable moments.

The next phase of this process is going to be focused on the clean-up. No one wants to fight this again next year so obviously the AZSFW and AZSFWC have to go. I would imagine the fence sitting critter groups will begin their mass exodus next week, the AZSFW/AZSFWC will have less money for these groups so there is no reason for them to damage their reputation any further by having anything to do with them. Once enough additional critter groups have their names removed from AZSFWC they will have lost their power base and will probably self destruct. We will be monitoring the critter group exodus daily. Hopefully we can get that process done sooner than later (well before the end of the year). If I were running a critter group with ties to the AZSFWC I would reach out to Steve or George for direction on your exit strategy. I would imagine most already have though.

I think a side task to the clean-up is to define a process for publicly recognizing businesses that support the interests of average joe hunters and which ones dont (maybe something like rotten tomatoes for movies, or maybe a site where the public can vote red or green based on details about how a company behaves or which expos they attend). There are businesses that blatantly provide products and backend administrative support to organizations that are out to squeeze out the 99%ers. As stupid as this is, these companies havent gotten the message that their actions are being watched. Average Joe hunters shouldnt have to wonder if supporting a business by buying a product will ultimately support forces working to take away their hunting opportunities. There isnt a single outdoor manufacturing company out there that would survive if average joes were to drop them. I would be willing to meet-up with a group of like minded people to vet through some options, PM me if interested. I have already compiled a good bit of data, we just need to determine the appropriate forum. Some of the people that have supported us Arizonans on HB 2072 are average joe hunters from Utah, I think we have a moral obligation to lend a hand to these guys at some point since many of these businesses are based in Utah (after this legislative session and after we wipe out the evil forces in Arizona).

Another phase is going to be the walk the talk phase. The public needs to step up and get involved with the good critter groups, and the AZGFD constituent group. As Donnie mentioned, we are forming a new one (southwest sportsmens alliance) and I cannot tell you enough about the kind of quality people that are interested in joining us. All of the old-schoolers (from groups like the AZSFWC) are predicting a sudden wave of apathy sooner than later, it would be great if we could prove them wrong. I have sat and eaten burritos with lots of good guys from Game and Fish, the AZGFD commission, individuals, and good guy Arizona businesses. There are enough good people out there that we can seal the cracks against future attacks, the last few months have kind of shown the rest of the States that Arizona people tend to be independent minded and willing to push back. I grew up in Arizona and have kind of taken it for granted, I thought the best part was the smell of the desert after it rained, little did I know the best part might just be the people. We all need to keep contacting legislators, we cannot take a break until after 4/11/12 (the last day of the legislative session this year). There is lots of money at stake and the people pushing for expo tags have done nothing to prove they can trusted….zero. The snake head is still dangerous until someone kicks it into the campfire, we still have more kicking to do.

Ryan

There are two guys that know the game and have been on the good guy bus since before any of us ever knew about HB 2072. They both have amazing energy and insight into the Arizona wildlife conservation, way beyond what most of the rest of us good guys have. The two guys I am talking about are George Reiners and Steve Clark. These guys have credibility in spades. Even a big mouth livewire like me stops and listens when these guys point out teachable moments.

The next phase of this process is going to be focused on the clean-up. No one wants to fight this again next year so obviously the AZSFW and AZSFWC have to go. I would imagine the fence sitting critter groups will begin their mass exodus next week, the AZSFW/AZSFWC will have less money for these groups so there is no reason for them to damage their reputation any further by having anything to do with them. Once enough additional critter groups have their names removed from AZSFWC they will have lost their power base and will probably self destruct. We will be monitoring the critter group exodus daily. Hopefully we can get that process done sooner than later (well before the end of the year). If I were running a critter group with ties to the AZSFWC I would reach out to Steve or George for direction on your exit strategy. I would imagine most already have though.

I think a side task to the clean-up is to define a process for publicly recognizing businesses that support the interests of average joe hunters and which ones don’t (maybe something like rotten tomatoes for movies, or maybe a site where the public can vote red or green based on details about how a company behaves or which expos they attend). There are businesses that blatantly provide products and backend administrative support to organizations that are out to squeeze out the 99%ers. As stupid as this is, these companies haven’t gotten the message that their actions are being watched. Average Joe hunters shouldn’t have to wonder if supporting a business by buying a product will ultimately support forces working to take away their hunting opportunities. There isn’t a single outdoor manufacturing company out there that would survive if average joes were to drop them. I would be willing to meet-up with a group of like minded people to vet through some options, PM me if interested. I have already compiled a good bit of data, we just need to determine the appropriate forum. Some of the people that have supported us Arizonans on HB 2072 are average joe hunters from Utah, I think we have a moral obligation to lend a hand to these guys at some point since many of these businesses are based in Utah (after this legislative session and after we wipe out the evil forces in Arizona).

Another phase is going to be the walk the talk phase. The public needs to step up and get involved with the good critter groups, and the AZGFD constituent group. As Donnie mentioned, we are forming a new one (southwest sportsmen’s alliance) and I cannot tell you enough about the kind of quality people that are interested in joining us. All of the old-schoolers (from groups like the AZSFWC) are predicting a sudden wave of apathy sooner than later, it would be great if we could prove them wrong. I have sat and eaten burritos with lots of good guys from Game and Fish, the AZGFD commission, individuals, and good guy Arizona businesses. There are enough good people out there that we can seal the cracks against future attacks, the last few months have kind of shown the rest of the States that Arizona people tend to be independent minded and willing to push back. I grew up in Arizona and have kind of taken it for granted, I thought the best part was the smell of the desert after it rained, little did I know the best part might just be the people. We all need to keep contacting legislators, we cannot take a break until after 4/11/12 (the last day of the legislative session this year). There is lots of money at stake and the people pushing for expo tags have done nothing to prove they can trusted….zero. The snake head is still dangerous until someone kicks it into the campfire, we still have more kicking to do.

Ryan

We can not rely on the 4/12/12 end date. The legislature will not sine die until all budget issues and pending bills are done.

With regard to those organizations that are still sitting on the fence, they are doing so in order to remain in the favor of AZSFW/AZSFWC. They know if they do not publicly termintate their affiliation, they will be at the head of the line for possible auction tags that AZSFWC may have full control of in the future. The fence sitters are hoping for money in the future. Any organization that is in it for the money is taboo for me.

I have the list of organiztions that heve terminated or never had affiliation with AZSFW. I will be speaking to the membership of YVRGC next Wednesday. I will ask the membership to fully endorse those organizations and seek to determine if there are any costs associated with full affiliation with those organizations.

YVRGC has never requested affiliates. We simply rely on members.

I think that the best way to become effective as sportsmen/women, is to join at least one organization that represents your goals. I hope that each organization will affiliate with other organizations. Communication between individuals and organizations will be critical in the future.

Affiliation by one organization with another should not cost $2,500.00 or more with different color levels as with AZSFW. Does $15,000.00 buy a bigger voice than $2,500.00? Did the huge $$$ that ADA gave AZSFW prevent HB 2072 or even get them a peak at the full bill before it was filed?

George

• Like 1

I have my plate on the jeep. It will stay as long as the boss (wife) allows me to keep it. I was bummed to think some of that money might have been used to solicit this lame butt bill.