standman

San Carlos Crappie Fishing 4/10/2012

My dad and I hit San Carlos Lake this morning hoping to get into some spawning crappie. Man did we ever get into them. We slayed them! :D Fish were stacked in the shallows. We caught all of them on 1/32 oz road runners with 2" grubs. Most of the fish were caught right against the shoreline. We caught 50 this morning. Very few people on the water and just a beautiful day. No wind, overcast, and warm. A great way to end a great couple days. Lots of crappie and a 3A/3C archery bull tag. :D Here are a few pics. Have a little video too that I have to put together that I may share a little later too.

Here is a link to a short video clip:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v84/standman/?action=view&current=SanCarlosFishing.mp4

100_0832.jpg

100_0834.jpg

100_0836.jpg

100_0838.jpg

Brian

Way to go dude. Wanted to go back this weekend but looks like bad weather comming in. Congrat's.

Way to get it done Brian. Thanks for the pictures. You definitely know how to score on the fish. Glad to see you and your Dad making more memories. :)

TJ

Great report on a great day!

I wonder if the wind today will mess it very much?

Thanks again for sharing and congratulations on a great Elk tag

that's awesome!

James

What killn the fish and a 3a/c bull archery tag...............Wow! Do you use minnows or just jigs? Have you hunted that unit before? I did some calling during muzzleloader hunt in 06 and WOW! My friends have the hunt in 09 and they did alot of scouting, including a family member that lives in the area but did not see a lot of mature bulls so they were a little disappointed. Good luck I hope those res bulls step over that line because some were toads!

How much work was it geting the boat in the water? The last time I was at the San Carlos G&F (early March), they said it was 0.03% full. I always prefered to fish for crappie at Carlos in the submerged trees close to shore than troll with the crowds. I'm wondering if there are any trees in the water yet :blink: