ACTS_238

Change of the Rules

Have an idea and want some input from fellow hunters.

Lets say you are successful in drawing a tag for a big game animal, what if the rule was that the next year you had to sit out the draw and the following year you could resume applying again.

Just a thought, but perhaps it would help level the field a bit. I know some who have been drawn several years in a row, and others who have 5, 10 and more points with no luck drawing. Maybe call it the "get one, sit one" rule.

What do you guys/gals think?

I disagree why punish the guys that are willing to put in for non premium hunts just to hunt every year. I bet 90% of the guys that have not been drawn in some time put in for premium hunts during the rut the other 10% is just bad luck in the draw.

A waiting period system for applicants would not raise the draw odds very much.

Example:

If 1000 people apply for 100 permits = 10% draw odds

Take 100 people out of that draw with 900 people applying for 100 permits the next year = 11.1% draw odds

Variables not included.

I took the draw odds for unit 10 rifle antelope. As it stands right now 1 out of every 91 applicants will draw this tag. If you were to make it so you were required to sit out for five years after you draw a tag. Under that system 1 out of every 86.6 applicants would draw a tag. Not much better odds if you ask me. Leave the system alone.

We used to have to wait three years after drawing an elk or antelope tag before applying again. As bustedknuckleinc and snapshot have correctly pointed out, it did not statistically improve anyone's chance of drawing a tag and the requirement was dropped.

Bill Quimby

I will have 21 bonus points for antelope after another unsucessful draw this year, my dad has had five antelope tags in his life, i have had three archery bull tags in the last six years my dad has had one in the last 12, its just the luck of the draw maybe some day i will get that antelope tag maybe not but if i do finally get it i want to be eligible again as soon as possible.

Let it be, keep the draw running the way it does. The guys above validate the wait period well.

The only thing i would like to see implemented would be to have a Sr. Only hunt.

I think it is pretty good now, with a good chance for everyone. But I agree it is not fair for those with high bonus points.

I think azgfd should look into squaring the bonus points. Definite advantage as bonus points increase.

Maybe raise bonus point pass to 25 or 30%???

Keep non-resi cap at 10%.

I don't think you should have to wait to reapply, and with the squaring of the points it would not be as advantagous until you aquire more points.

Good discussions. I like hearing all the different ideas..

• Like 2

well, not to kick a certain popular (and active) member under the bus. But i know one particular member who has been drawn 20+ consecutive times for elk...

drawn, not drawn, successful, not successful... we would still be waiting every feb, june, and oct for the second tuesday year after year.

I think it is pretty good now, with a good chance for everyone. But I agree it is not fair for those with high bonus points.

I think azgfd should look into squaring the bonus points. Definite advantage as bonus points increase.

Maybe raise bonus point pass to 25 or 30%???

Keep non-resi cap at 10%.

I don't think you should have to wait to reapply, and with the squaring of the points it would not be as advantagous until you aquire more points.

Good discussions. I like hearing all the different ideas..

My thoughts as well.