Sign in to follow this  
regge090

How much does the azgfd make off hunting applications?

The azgfd is bragging about how they had over 130,000 people put in right well i did some math and figured...For just hunting applications fee they made over over $99000. For elk they had over 23000 tags with a total of $2,670,000. For antelope they had 790 tags with a total of $61,000. In all the made over $2.8 mil threw one draw kinda intresting

Did you factor in the 10% non-resident tags too. $595-121= $474x10%(2300)=$1,090,200. That's an extra 1 million dollars just from the elk tags. For antelope. 485-85=$400 x 10%(79)=$31,600. That's. Almost 50% of the resident antelope amount for 10% of the tags. They sure do make good money on the 10% out of state cap... hope they don't figure this out they might raise the non-resident cap.

Kirk

Did you factor in the 10% non-resident tags too. $595-121= $474x10%(2300)=$1,090,200. That's an extra 1 million dollars just from the elk tags. For antelope. 485-85=$400 x 10%(79)=$31,600. That's. Almost 50% of the resident antelope amount for 10% of the tags. They sure do make good money on the 10% out of state cap... hope they don't figure this out they might raise the non-resident cap.

Kirk

No sir i did not thank you for showing that!

The azgfd is bragging about how they had over 130,000 people put in right well i did some math and figured...For just hunting applications fee they made over over $99000. For elk they had over 23000 tags with a total of $2,670,000. For antelope they had 790 tags with a total of $61,000. In all the made over $2.8 mil threw one draw kinda intresting

Have you considered that a large portion of that $7.50 may go to an outside vendor that processes applications and the draw?

Kirk

Do you really think Non-res applicants are hitting the 10% cap on all hunts? I highly doubt you've got non-residents scrambling to pay nearly $600 for late season cow elk tags. The non-res cap is a CAP, it's not a set aside.

In other words, I don't think there are going to be 2,300 non resident elk hunters in Arizona this year.

I wish the department would have more people putting in and supporting our sport.

We are a minority in this state and I hope to turn more people onto hunting and get more youth interested in it too.

No I realize that it is a cap and not all hunts are filling the non resident cap. I was just giving an example of a large amount of money that Regge090 did not account for in his post. It IS a significant amount. I have never seen where the azgfd posts how many nonresidents were drawn for each hunt. Does anyone know where it is posted? It seems like when an out of state person puts in with me I seem to get drawn more often. Just makes me wonder a little!

2 million probably won't even fund them for 6 weeks

Especially when the money is used for things OTHER than game management....

Obama raised $800,000,000 in 2008 for his election! :o

Now that is something to be concerned with!

James

• Like 2

You all also forgot to figure that even though there might not be that many non-residents putting in , every one of those guys/gals has to purchase a 151 dollar license ALSO on top of application fees! My 2 cents anyway!!

2.8 million... I am sure they have spent more than that on the black footed feret re-introduction... Not to mention the leopard frog studies, humpback chub protections, Mexican wolf reintroductions, 3 toed salamander studies, and many more frivolous programs!

• Like 1

isnt the 10% for non residents spread out over the entire state and not just unit to unit.

No, I am "not shocked" as it all in the numbers.... its always been that way.