Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

45/4.10 pistol

hello guys. I have been a member for a while but havent been to the site in quite a few months. I have been extremely busy at work and with family but anyways I am glad to be back. and 25-06 I didnt fall off the face of the earth and I do appoligize for kinda dissapearing on you like I did. anyways. I have been reading a little on the 45/4.10 pistol I have been able to locate one made by magnum industries but the dang thing was as big as my head does anyone know of anyother manufacturers who have one in production or has anyone ever shot one? it seems like a pretty cool gun and I would love to own one I just would like to get some insite on it before rushing out to buy one.

any help would be greatly appreiciated thanks

Daniel

I believe any pistol chambered to fire a .410 shell is going to be pretty big. May I ask why you are interested in this combo? Are you after the .45 LC or the .410 compatability?

Why not a .45 ACP? Or a .44 mag if you want a D Harry?

Just wondering if we could steer you in the right direction.

Daniel, Glad you didn't fall off of the earth :lol: I know what kind of handgun you are talking about but I have never shot one. I see them now and then in gun stores and pawn shops and think for the price they might be a good fanny pack gun for snakes and such...You still got your Glock right?

Yeah I still got my glock. I think whats drawing me to the combo of the 4.10/45 is the wide range it could do. It would be the perfect snake gun and quail gun up close with the 4.10 and really good for rabbits n such with the 45 cal. :lol: and Chef I aint looking for the dirty harry apeal I got one of those already. I am looking for that gun shrunk down a little. and the final reason I am looking at it is home protection. any semi auto pistol is great sitting next to the bed but your almost guranteed to hit your target with the bird shot of a 4.10. any ways gotta get.

Daniel

thanks alot chef for those links. there were some mixed reviews but most were bad. maybe I will wait till someone else gets one and shoot theirs before making a decesion.

thanks again

Daniel

I have had a Thompson Center Contender pistol for many years. My son bought one a few years ago and got a 10 inch 410/45 LC barrel for it. That barrel is awesome. It is a great rabbit and quail gun.

The best part is he lets me use it whenever I want!

Dang, that post is almost 7 yrs old (If I added right) I've since found out that the 45/410 combo is kinda worthless. I did some ballistic gel tests about a year ago with a Taurus I bought my mom for her birthday ( tried to talk her out of it but she just wanted one) don't remember what ammo I used but it shot 3 copper discs and some #2 shot I think? 10 yards and further I'd get 2 or 3 disks in the gel mold but no shot. The 45lc did ok but no better than any other pistol. Bird shot was horrible, I counted 3 bb's rattling in the milk jug at 10 yards and 4 holes in the jug. It's a fun gun to have if you "just want one" but not much purpose to it in my opinion.

I have the Taurus Judge camber for a mag. the 45LC/410 & Buckshot. I personally LOVE the gun. My training was on a glock .40 G22 and while there is no replacement for a good semi-auto I would never give up my pistol. In all my shooting on the pistol as well I have a great spread the .410 on paper targets but nothing more than what you would expect with bb's in a 410 (they are small and few). Overall, I would recommend the gun to anyone and would buy another if I had the cash.

Since back when you posted, there have been numerous versions of this chambering. Taurus came out with the "Raging Judge", which can shoot the .454 Casull. Nothing worthless about that round ... unless you can't shoot it because it has too much juice ... then it probably is worthless. Always best to shoot within ones capabilities I always say.

Smith & Wesson also got into the market with the Governor. I believe it will shoot .45ACP/.45LC/.410. Not sure if it handles the .45LC p+ versions, but if it does those are no slouch ... not my .44Mag, but not bad either.

• I have the Taurus Judge public defender which is a little smaller sized Judge. It shoots the Federal copper plated round ball .410 loads in an almost perfect square patern every time. I would think that you could at least get a few of the 4, .36 cal balls in a vital area even under extreme circumstances. Nice gun to keep by the bed.

The Taurus I bought my mother is the large frame that will shoot the .454, I'm not saying its worthless (I shot a bison with a TC pistol in .454) I'm saying the idea of the gun is. In my opinion it's over rated, there are better revolvers (even in the Taurus line up) if your lookin for a home defense or snake gun. I liked the idea of it until I shot one. However I still wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of it.