Sign in to follow this  
tomgobbler

nice bear

i was guiding some turkey hunters over in NM and i came across this bear, told my buddy i was going to see how close i could get to it, i ended up about 6 feet away as it was turning over rocks looking for grubs, here are a couple of pictues of the "stock"... any ideas of what you think the size of the bear is?

enjoy....

post-2728-0-91007000-1335150528_thumb.jpg

post-2728-0-22069700-1335150546_thumb.jpg

post-2728-0-36738900-1335150565_thumb.jpg

post-2728-0-59994200-1335150577_thumb.jpg

Sweet pics. No expert either, still trying to learn myself, but the gap between the ground and his stomach make me think it is a younger bear. At the same time his ears seem to be fairly well offset from his head, which makes me reconsider. Curious to hear what others think.

Also no expert but headin to alberta canada in T minus 12 days for spring bear hunting!! Cant wait... anyway to me looks like a younger bear maybe 150-200 pounds with a beautiful coat. Awesome pics and great bear

Neat pictures and story. Was it spooky at all being that close? I've had a couple really close at the Black River and Bonito Creek but they weren't too manacing - not like the ones that hang around the camp grounds and are used to people.

Thanks for posting those.