Sign in to follow this  
TLH

SWSA Water Hole Project!!

I wanted to follow up on a project we worked on in 44A this weekend. We had 15 grown ups and about that many kids there to help us out--well maybe the 2 and 4 year old girls didn't help much but they sure were cute! :)

We got busy Saturday morning and by 6 that night we had about 90% of the work finished. It was a lot of fun but it was warm. Sunday we had 4 of the 15 left but that was all we needed. It was a good mixture of talent and hard working folks and now the deer have a little better chance out there to survive this summer.

On a side note--we need to get out and do our part with the predators. I know we must have spoke of that issue at least 100 times at the project and we all agree too many coyote's and too many lions out there. Right now the area we worked on has only about 50 to 70 deer in that range--a few years back there were over 170 deer in there.

Check out the new regs and especially about the lions--there are some huge changes this year that we all need to understand and take advantage of.

Thanks again to all of you for helping and to all of you who wanted to come but had issues--there are always other projects and there is always a need for volunteers.

If you all want to see how we did you can go here http://www.thearizonahunter.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=7332 and look at pictures and read all about it.

Terry

Humph... you guys were making so much dust on the way out sunday, Troy and I stopped and made a pork sandwich and tater salad... It also gave us an opportunity to disparage you , George, and Curtis freely... as you couldn't defend yourself...

Oh, not only are you a scorpion whisperer... and you can halt runaway large excavating equipment with just the word 'stop'... my tire also heard you and quit leaking, it still has 45 lbs of air since I pumped it up...

Awesomeness pales in comparison to you...

Till next time brother...

Kent

Humph... you guys were making so much dust on the way out sunday, Troy and I stopped and made a pork sandwich and tater salad... It also gave us an opportunity to disparage you , George, and Curtis freely... as you couldn't defend yourself...

Oh, not only are you a scorpion whisperer... and you can halt runaway large excavating equipment with just the word 'stop'... my tire also heard you and quit leaking, it still has 45 lbs of air since I pumped it up...

Awesomeness pales in comparison to you...

Till next time brother...

Kent

That cracks me up!!! That backhoe knew who was boss! :D

Justin, how about the 7W AES project coming up? If you want to go i will meet you there! ;)