stanley

What's your favorite thing about AZ?

I'm a native, and have only lived outside of the state for 4-5 years while in SLC for college. Maybe I'm biased, but I think AZ has to be the best state in the west. The geographical diversity, the diversity in game we have to pursue, etc.

I think my favorite part (other than it's home sweet home...) is that I can be sweltering here in the valley on a hot summer day, and in 1-2 hours I can be up in the cool pines camping with the family. Can't beat that! <_<

S.

:)

Having grown up in the mid-west, where almost all land is private, I am grateful for the abundant public land to hunt, fish, camp, hike, etc. That being said, I would rather live in Idaho, Wyoming, Western Slope of Colorado. Too many people here in AZ now. Everythime I mention moving to my family though, they laugh and walk away.

<_<

To me it's that AZ it's the vast amount of open public lands that offers a wide range of outdoor activities in a wide variety of geological and climatic zones.

Sure, there are states with better bird hunting, or whitewater kayaking, or alpine mountains, or skiing, or hunting for mule deer, antelope, prairie dogs, or trout fishing, or cheaper housing. But AZ has to be a top contender for the all-around award though.

RR

As an AZ native (southeastern AZ), my favorite thing is the warm weather. The corporate headquarters for the company I work for is in Minneapolis and I absolutely hate it when they send me back there during the winter. Just can't stand cold weather. CB

Another AZ native here and I have to agree with the previous posts, growing up we went fishing more than anything, dove and quail were also big on our list, plus just being out in the desert or forest whichever you desired was and will always make AZ number one to me.

Another native here. Things I like best is the bio-diversity of the state. Very few places you can go from desert to an alpine environment in a few hours. With the exception of the extreme heat (it's a dry heat!) we don't have any major weather issues (hurricanes, tornados, etc). I currently live in the desert, but would really rather live up in the mountains.

I like all the public land here. I remember being stationed back in North Carolina and looking for a national forest to visit/explore while there. Went to a national forest near the coast. It was tiny, and all the trees were in rows. Nothing like I was used to back here.

Biggest thing I don't like here (besides the heat, give me cold weather any day) is the size Phx metro has gotten. I remember going target shooting up off Cave Creek Rd a few miles past Bell Rd. There's lots of houses there now. To go hunting or dog training you have to drive at least an hour to get away from all the city congestion. Someday I'll get out of the valley, but would really like to stay in AZ.

Ron

I am Another native. And for all the reason's above I Love my home state.My only fear is that when my Wife and I are looking at retiring in about 15 year's, the population of the state is going to be so large that we may have to move out of the state we love.Both of us are third generation native's and have lot's of realative's in Arizona. This will be a hard choice that I am not looking forward to making.I am curious if any of you have the same fear's that I have ?

Noel

I'll tell you all a little secret, if you haven't visited the Safford (MT.Graham) area you are missing something.

Well, for me, I was born in West Texas and moved out here as a child. Was in the Navy for 8 years and worked in several different states. Now I live in Green Valley and work in the hotel business. The Corporate office is in Phoenix and since I travel for work I can live any where in the country I want. I'm on the road 275 to 290 days a year. This week I'm in Phoenix. Next week is Nashville and Florence, SC. Then the next week is Orlando.

In other words I get the chance to be in all parts of the country. It makes me appreciate what I have here. When I'm in other parts of the country I tell people how hot and uncomfortable it is here.

I will be spending tonight and Saturday at San Carlos and next weekend scounting 36a.

Lee

yet another native here. to me it is the Coues hunting!!! honestly! i love hunting them! not only that, but the hunting in general! yeah like doug said, there is better hunting else where but i love it here! its home and its where all of my family minus one family of cousins aunt and uncle reside.

I've been here since 1971. Grew up in Tucson, but now live in Phoenix. There is so much to see and do here that you could'nt see it or do it in a lifetime. Memories of the Az. past are the best. Like being able as a kid to walk into a circle-k and buy shotgun shells and then go to the dairy and limit out on doves before school. Or like buying a summer permit to camp in the White mountains and staying 30 days at a time. Catching limits of trout morning and evening, bringing them home for many a fish fry. Those were the days!

I love evry thing there is about AZ. I spent two years on the East cost and i would not live there if i had too.

I would have to say that besides the best wildlife AZ also has the finest looking ladies in the USA. And the majority of them live right here in the City. Yes my Wife is one of them And my daughters are fallowing in her footsteps.

Born and raised here in Yuma, AZ except for the 4 years I spent in Tucson at UofA. I would not live anywhere else. I love hunting, camping fishing all over the state. The only thing that scares me now is living so close to the border. We are being over run and it is putting a big shiner on the face of our state. Great example is all of the 36 units. What will be affected 10 years from now?