Sign in to follow this  
azbighornhunter

I'm going to Wyoming!!!!!

Well it finally happened!!!!!! I drew a tag in Wyoming for Rocky Mountain Bighorn!!!!!! This is the last one I need for all four. I've been walking to work to stay in shape in hopes that I'd draw. Now I'll really have to get serious about getting in shape. I'm stoked!!!!!!!! :)

Nice! Congrats! Good luck on getting the last of the 'Slam'

Very nice! Huge congrats to you in the tag!

Congratulations big time and best of luck in completing your slam in a big way!

Congrats on a great tag. I know it will be an amazing hunt. You know it will be a physical challenge, but it sounds like you have been keeping up and preparing for this opportunity. I can't wait to hear your story and see the pictures of your hunt.

I'm going to save the congratulations for the big finale. Good luck and shoot straight. :)

TJ

Congrats. My buddy got drawn for CO rocky and it also is the last one he needs for his slam. Talk about being on cloud nine. The guy won't shut up about it! :lol: Good luck. Can't wait to see the photos.

I've checked the maps and it looks like the elevations will range from 9,000 feet to 12,000 feet. I've been keeping my horses and mules legged up but I guess I'll have to haul them up to Flagstaff this summer and ride around on the San Fransisco Peaks to see how they do at altitude. I've spoken to some friends in Wyoming who have told me that non-residents have to be accompanied by a licensed guide if hunting in a wilderness area. Thankfully, I've spoken to several of them at the Wild Sheep Foundation "Sheep Show" in Reno over the last several years. Next step is working out logistics with one of them. So much to be done, so little time! :)

How many prefrence points did you have?

Congrats! I am building my points up in Wyoming as well, 5 and counting. Keep us up to date and good luck.