Thegrayghost

Tag Raffle

So I've been doing some thinking, and was wondering if it is ok to sell your ELK tag. I believe I have herad somewhere that you can sign your tag over to someone else if you don't want to use it anymore( like a father to is son or something like that). Reason is I lost my job and I got alot going on, so I'm almost sure I won't be able to go this time. SO if its nothing illigal to do I was thinking about raffling it off or something of that sort. what do you guys think or know about selling your tags?

I think all you can do is sign it over to you kids or donate it. There are organizations that you can donate it to for kids to use. I donated a whitetail tag a few years ago to OE4A.

You can transfer it to your immediate minor child or grandchild, or donate it to Hunt of a Lifetime. You cannot sell it, raffle it, or give it away to a buddy.

http://www.azgfd.gov/h_f/hunting.shtml

TAG TRANSFER PROGRAM: Under Arizona Revised Statutes (A.R.S. 17-332) and Arizona Game and Fish Commission Rules (R12-4-121) there are ways people can transfer big game tags to children.

Beginning January 1st, 2012 the dept will be assessing a $4.00 dollar fee for a big game permit tag transfer. This change was implemented to cover the administrative costs for processing the transfer and producing an additional tag.

More Info

A parent, grandparent or legal guardian holding a big game tag may allow the use of that tag by their minor child or minor grandchild pursuant to the following requirements:

The minor child is 10 to 17 years old on the date of transfer;

The minor child has a vaild hunting or combination license on the date of transfer;

A minor child less than 14 years old has satisfactorily completed a Department-approved hunter education course by the beginning date of the hunt;

The parent or guardian must accompany the child in the field or, if a grandparent allows a minor grandchild to use the grandparents permit or tag, the grandparent, parent or the childs guardian must accompany the child in the field. In either case, the adult must be within 50

yards of the child when the animal is taken.

Once a tag is transferred at a Department office, the original permittee may no longer use it.

Additionally, a person may also transfer his or her game tag for use by a child with a life threatening medical condition or a qualifying permanent physical disability.

Should you be unable to use your big game permit, the Department is unable to reimburse you for your fees or reinstate your bonus points. However, you may donate your tag to a nonprofit organization that provides hunting opportunities to children with life-threatening medical conditions

or qualifying permanent physical disabilities.

You may contact the following organizations to arrange for a donation.

Hunt of a Lifetime at www.hoalarizona.org

Outdoor Experience 4 All at www.outdoorexperienceforall.org

Catch-A-Dream at http://catchadream.org

Safari Club - International Safari Wish Program

-updated July 1, 2010

I'll buy it from ya. You have to come with while I hunt, and hold the gun right up until I shoot, then hand me the gun. Then gut it for me and say that you shot it until I get it home. If it's a unit 9 early rifle tag I'm willing to pay more.

Donate it: Hunt of a Lifetime

Keep in mind that Outdoor Experience 4 All is run by Eddie Corona and Chris Denham, who can pack sand IMHO, along with their other SFW buddies. They wouldn't/won't get anything from me.

TheGrayGhost- best of luck on the job trail. You're going to make some kid's year (and maybe life) with that tag and here's hoping you get a reward somehow.

Sorry you lost your job, but it doesn't cost anymore to be unemployed in the woods. Hunting season is a long ways out. If you really want to go you can figure out a way to make it happen.