BowNut

Were is hunting going next

http://www.worldhunt.com/

Just wanted to let you all see this. I find this kinda disturbing myself but wanted to get some more opinions.

What will they think of next! Hunting for MONEY!!!!!! I found this on another forum and there has been on overwhelming response.

Also there are a lot of major hunting manufactures that have jumped on this as sponsors. Please let me know what you think.This is totally against what I was taught about hunting and the reasons I hunt.

You know I'm not really sure what to make of it. I do know that hunting should not be a competition, other than you vs the animal you are hunting, one on one. It will be interesting to see if some well known hunters compete. And if they do, is it because of their sponsors.

Non-fatal, what are they hunting them with paint balls. The archer looks as if he was shooting some type of blunt.

They are shot with tranquilizer guns and drug tipped arrows. Then picture's are taken antlers are measured then a vet comes in gives the animal another shot to wake it up.

They are shot with tranquilizer guns and drug tipped arrows. Then picture's are taken antlers are measured then a vet comes in gives the animal another shot to wake it up.

Now I know it's just wrong.

Catch and Release..... Hmmmm! Wonder if they will start a new record book for that? Just when you think you have heard it all, someone comes up with a new one.... Can you picture it? Chuck Adams vs. Cameron Haines in an all out blowout for $100K.... Should be interesting to see how people react to this one...

Hunting does not lend itself to competition "catch and release" stuff like the Walmart Bass tournament stuff. I dont see how hunting whitetail on private property from a stand can even compare to finding a monster muley on the Kaibab or a monster coues deer. I think this will probably be popular with the armchair guys who watch Bill Jordan or guys like bill who tree stand hunt or hunt from blinds on private property but for hunting out West I doubt any show could recreate hunts on premium areas like the Strip/Kaibab/Pauns etc. The difficulty in drawing a tag for premium units in itself is a major problem for most good hunters......Watching guys bow hunt elk on a private ranch versus doing it in one of our own premium public units would not show me how "great" this hunter is................Allen..........

Here are the sponsors of the show.

G5 Outdoors

Eastman Outdoors, Inc. (Carbon Express Arrows)

Gorilla, Inc. (Treestands)

Xtreme Scents

Pneu-Dart

Also if you would like to see what many other hunters think here is a link to check out.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=338104

What???....?

I bet the anit's will love the "drug-in-um" part of the BS!

The guy with the bow flashing back to the girls, cars, and fancy house is ridiculASS!

:P

Just voted and it said 83% WAS NOT FOR IT <_<

I think this is garbage, and yes the peta folks would back it if they would stop killing the animals and then it would be a lot easier for them to stop them from drugging animals than it would be in killing them. Most states or maybe all states use hunting as a means to reduce deer herds and keep them at managable numbers, what is the reason for this, it would have to take place entirely on private deer herds that are managed by the farms and have no state game and fish involvement. On top of everything else what if the drugs kill the deer or the tip of that arrow doesn't stop as it should and injures the deer badly, oops were sorry, or are they going to have that no animals were harmed during the filming of this movie disclaimer.

No matter how you look at this it is not a good thing for hunter or the hunting public. My .02 cents

When you get a good shot on a deer "most" of the time you have a blood trail to follow how do you find a deer that has been drugged and has ran off. And what happens if you do not find it? From what we were told on ArcheyTalk they will answering these questions on there web site in the next couple of days.

I think the ESPN poll is not fare the numbers keep going up then down. And the yes votes are winning. I do not support this but if you delete your cookies on your computer and go back you can vote again I think that is what is going on.