feenz

bad fire in 23 north

We had to leave our camp site yesterday because the fire jumped 1000 acres in a matter of hours acording to the forest service chief and they needed the campsite for support units,hope they are doing better today its getting close to the young road.God bless them!

Where was this one at? I saw the one in Upper Sycamore yesterday, looked to be moving fairly quickly. This year is going to be scary.

THE FIRE WAS GOING PRETTY GOOD STILL TODAY JUST LEFT YOUNG AND HEARD IT WAS IN VALENTINE CANYON HOPE THEY GET IT UNDER CONTROL SOON

Heard about this today - sounds like it's growning fast. The conditions are pretty bad, low humity, high winds... The area will recover but I sure hope people don't lose their homes to it.

Saw this when it first started up Friday as I was out hiking. Hope they can get all this under control. Anyone know if it jumped 512 heading west?

I was a me to see the sunflower fire first hand today. It's moving pretty good north north east. It's directly west of the mt ord turn off. Hope they get it under control soon.

Hate to say it , but I believe in the next 20 years, most of az forest will burn to the ground if we dont get a change in weather patterns. Just to dry. Enjoy the forest while you can

Coues Krazy,

I don't mean this as a personal attack, but there ain't no way in heck we are going to change the weather patterns.....the weather has been cycling from the beginning of time. The thing we CAN CHANGE is the way the forest is managed. Enviro-nuts don't want anyone in the forest and they want mother nature to groom herself which is exactly what is happening. There is and can be a happy medium......it's called bringing back the timber industry to thin. It can pay for itself. They dumba$$e$ in Washington don't even have to pay for it nor do we as tax payers. They just need to get out of the way and tie down enviro-nuts from stopping it. Then we can have fires and they burn the underbrush, the same exact thing that mother nature does, without burning up all of the white mountains......

• Like 2

Coues Krazy,

I don't mean this as a personal attack, but there ain't no way in heck we are going to change the weather patterns.....the weather has been cycling from the beginning of time. The thing we CAN CHANGE is the way the forest is managed. Enviro-nuts don't want anyone in the forest and they want mother nature to groom herself which is exactly what is happening. There is and can be a happy medium......it's called bringing back the timber industry to thin. It can pay for itself. They dumba$$e$ in Washington don't even have to pay for it nor do we as tax payers. They just need to get out of the way and tie down enviro-nuts from stopping it. Then we can have fires and they burn the underbrush, the same exact thing that mother nature does, without burning up all of the white mountains......

No offence taken, in fact I completely agree with you. I wasnt trying to say we can change weather patterns, but only hoping mother nature will help us. Again, you are spot on with everything you said. I believe forest thining can help, but will we win the fight against the eco terrorists? I hope so, but you have to agree, 20 years max and az wont look the same. We have 4 fires burning right now.

So does anyone know if there was infact a fire at the base of Four Peaks yesterday that seemed to be controlled, or was that another fire report that was reported wrong?

So does anyone know if there was infact a fire at the base of Four Peaks yesterday that seemed to be controlled, or was that another fire report that was reported wrong?

I've been following these fires and I never heard of that one. I might of missed it though. :)

TJ

I've been following these fires and I never heard of that one. I might of missed it though. :)

TJ

I think it was Channel 3 that was reporting one at the base of the peaks yesterday on the six o'clock news when there was only three!

We drive threw there around 11 am and 5 pm and there was no fire at the base of the peaks or any where I was able to see. I will be following this one as well, I hunt those hills where the sunflower fire is burning. From what I could see yesterday there was 2 sections of active fire. The heaviest was moving maybe a mile north west of the mt ord turn off moving north east.