Sign in to follow this  
Shedhunteraz

my little collection

Here is my collection so far from hiking

post-8631-0-02456400-1337218534_thumb.jpg

The elk sheds are all from the past 6 weeks. I have a awesome brother (average joe) that taught me how to be a great hiker/ shed hunter. :)

That is an awesome collection for the last 6 weeks. I have 7 elk sheds from the last 6 weeks so I am jealous!

I really enjoy doing it. Hopefully more to come!!

very nice!

I got a girl with a pink headband on my trail camera packin out a shed in unit 23!

James

Could have been me. PM me. I've only come across 2 cams, and I've never found anything near them.

Great shed hiking.

--Bill

Ok, saw my first black rattler yesterday while hiking. I hate snakes so much, and it scared the snot out of me. Then my brother came across one today. Look like my hikes will have to be in the very early morning hours. Darn snakes.

I wacked a Black Rattler yesterday morning, I skinned it and stretched out the hide when I got home. Those buggers are aggressive and this one was warm enough to have a real temper. In my experience if you are walking in the bottom of a canyon, you better be dang careful where you step particularly around pools of water.

That is exactly where it was. In a small dry runoff creek next at the bottom of a large mountain. I think I am too much of a weenie to try to kill it, my luck I will miss and just anger it. Hate snakes!!

I suggest you buy a good set of snake leggings which will let you hike with less fear. I used to use them every fishing trip to Black River as we would run into a rattler nearly every time on those fishing trips