Sign in to follow this  
yotebuster

Moving back to the north country, big thanks to CWT for a great 4 years!

I just wanted to drop a thank you to all the CWT members for all the knowledge I picked up over the past 4 years here. When I found out I got into dental school in AZ I remember thinking, well I guess I can hunt rattlesnakes and scorpions for 4 years. I never dreamt I'd find the hunting opportunities I did here! I couldn't have done it without all the help I received from all the members here! The draw gods in NM and AZ were pretty good to me while I was here, and I found that I enjoyed scouting considerably more then dental school, so I burned plenty off gas chasing desert critters around! I never thought I'd be sad on the day I get to move back, but I'm sitting here with my gear packed and ready to go (including a pretty good pile of mounts and sheds I'm bringing back north with me ;) and I"m having mixed feelings about leaving! I'm not gonna miss the summers here in the valley, but I will miss everything else about this great place. I met a lot of cool people through this site and while out hunting, a lot of whom I'll keep in touch with and look forward to sharing more hunts with in the future. If anyone needs any info or help on anything up in the Dakotas, look me up, I'll still be floating around the forums dreaming of the day when I can come back and stick another javelina or bugle up another one of AZ's amazing bulls. Since everyone on here loves picks, I thought I'd throw up some pics of some of the critters that are gonna be making the trek north with me on the wall or in the freezer!

Thanks again everyone!!! This is no doubt the best hunting forum I've ever been a part of!

The best part is, they're actually gonna let me be a dentist too!!!!

Ft. Huachuca Rifle Coues 80"

post-2932-0-49958000-1337276551_thumb.jpg

AZ archery antelope 79 6/8"

post-2932-0-20668900-1337276584_thumb.jpg

250" NM muzzy bull

post-2932-0-80418500-1337276572_thumb.jpg

176" NM rifle muley

post-2932-0-90999100-1337276561.jpg

My first pig! Thanks ruthunter and desertbucks!!!!

post-2932-0-76138000-1337276543.jpg

First desert muley with a bow!!! 128"

post-2932-0-31938000-1337276533_thumb.jpg

AZ archery elk 260"

post-2932-0-00098500-1337276524_thumb.jpg

NM oryx!!! Tough hunt, last day, dang good eatin!!

post-2932-0-52388800-1337276513_thumb.jpg

2nd pig, hopefully not my last!!!

post-2932-0-30706300-1337276501.jpg

Congrats on finishing dental school. You made out for only living here 4 years. That is some luck drawing some of those tags.

Best of luck to ya and congrats on finishing what I'm sure was a tough school, all while whacking a bunch of nice critters!!! JIM>

Best wishes in your endeavor. I am kicking myself for not going back to Montana this summer. It's a 102 today, and I am hating life in the summer desert. LOL

you definetly scored on your fair share of quality tags and quality animals in your 4 years in the desert. plenty of quality hunting opportunities in the dakotas though. good luck pulling teeth.

Congrats on finishing school! You did well stickn all the animals on a budget! I cannot wait to see how many you stick with an increase in salary! Best of luck to you!

when I moved feom Oklahoma to Arizona, I could not ever imagine, me actualy likeing it.

but now? Well I cant imagine me liveing anywhere else!

Wow!! You really have had some quality hunts while you were here! Congratulations on all those successes! You know you can continue sharing your hunting adventures with us while you are up in North Dakota. Although our prime focus here is AZ hunting, we love to see pics and hear stories from all over the country. So I hope you will grace us with your posts even after you move back. Have a great career and I am so glad you made the most of the forum while you were here!

Congratulations on finishing your schooling and have a safe trip. Thanks for sharing your hunts with us over the past 4 years. You certainly had some great success here on hunts and I wish you the same success in North Dakota. I hear there are some good pheasant hunting there. Keep us all in mind and continue to post here on cwt. :)

TJ