jamaro

looking for a smoke pole hunt

Hey Everybody

A few years ago I spent some cash on a nice smoke pole but it has only taken a few hogs and a ram(exotic), I would really like to hunt with it...

What would be your top 3 smokepole hunts in the lower 48?

Jason

;)

Nothin' compares to a muzzeloader RUT hunt for bull elk, anywhere! Second choice would be a muzzeloader LATE hunt for Mulies north of the Colorado River! Third would have to be throwin' lead across the prairie at Antelope, anywhere! JIM

Get to know someone in the Texas Hill Country where there are multiple deer limits. Muzzleloaders are perfect for those little deer and their habitat there. After three years of so. you'll have taken nine or more Hill Country whitetails and -- more importantly -- you will be ready for an Arizona Coues deer hunt.

BillQ

Bill

That is a good idea... I have taken a few hogs at Rio Bonito but I found a new place that has alot more hogs and it a blast to hunt... anybody interested in a coueswhite.com hog hunt?

Jason

Bill

That is a good idea... I have taken a few hogs at Rio Bonito but I found a new place that has alot more hogs and it a blast to hunt... anybody interested in a coueswhite.com hog hunt?

Jason

I am, how much will it cost for a non res?

the thing with texas is that it is pretty much all private land.. the license is about $50 but the guided hunt can run about $600 for a several hogs... From Silver City it takes us about 12 hours to get there.... IMO it is easier to drive....

j-

My Bro & I muzzy hunt for cow elk in Co with good success every year. You can pull a state wide cow tag no sweat. A statewide bull tag probably every other year. There are several other GMU specific hunts with varying rates of draw odds. Co has the largest Elk herd in the lower 48.

http://wildlife.state.co.us/

Check it out--B