Sign in to follow this  
AZP&Y

Reservation Lake May 2012

The timing could not have been more perfect. Beautiful turkey weather and gobbles around. Although I didn't get the job done (missed a big one) LOL . I ALWAYS take the float tube and decided to hit one of the most beautiful lakes in the state; Reservation lake.

About the cost of movie, $9.00 and you get a back drop of Mt. Baldy and the place almost entirely to ourselves.

The day started out slow and I hooked a nice rainbow. My buddy hooked a smaller brownie. Then after a few hours I took a nap in the truck and awoke refreshed.

I decided to kick over to a fantastic point, jutting from the shoreline. I just couldn't get my retrieve right. Then I let the fly sink. The now famous Peacock Lady - yielded this 17" brown.

The final car had left the lake and we had the place ALL to ourselves. The sun slowly sunk behind the mountain backdrop and turned to glass. Just one more cast....

photo-10.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo-11.jpg

AzP&Y

I have not visited Reservation Lake since Memorial weekend of 1996. Wow it has been a long time. I remeber walking up the stream that runs off of MT. Baldy and floating a grasshopper down the creak to catch brown trout. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Nice pic Sundevil.

Coues & Bass - About the only thing that may have changed since 1996 is this sign. It looks like it was made by a third grader (LOL),

It always gets me fired up when I pull in there :D

If anyone has had enough of the summer heat, Go to reservation lake. it rains a bit usually in the summer months and I've seen it snow there in June.

photo-33.jpg

You are correct that sign was not there! I did hear about the fish though...Caught on powerbait off the dike. Never seen any pics though. Thanks for sharing.

That is one of my favorate lakes a bit off of the beaten path but well worth the drive! I'll be taking my 3 year old up there this summer for his first real fishing trip.