Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

July 21st Get-Together at Gila Outdoor in Safford - GIANT BUCKS!

Sponsor Gila Outdoor is holding a 1st anniversary event on July 21st in Safford and we are combining to make it a CouesWhitetail.com Get-Together. I will be there selling tshirts and other items. We will have food available and we will be doing a Guess the Score contest on a phenomenal buck taken in 1960 by Dan Mckaskle in the Santa Ritas. Top three guessers will win some great prizes including a Manfrotto Tripod, Covert Extreme Red40 trail camera and a Havalon Knife. You can only enter a guess at the store, so you have to show up on the 21st to enter to win.

Anyone wearing a CouesWhitetail.com hat, tshirt, or sporting a CouesWhitetail.com sticker on their truck will get a FREE TECHNO HUNT at the archery range. The techno hunt is an awesome experience where you get to shoot at real footage of animals such as deer, elk and even Africa animals and the system tracks your arrow shot, fps and score so you can shoot against your friends. You shoot at a big screen with your own bow and arrows with special tips provided by Gila Outdoor.

Gila Outdoor in Thatcher, AZ is a 20,000 square foot retail store specializing in archery equipment and other outdoor related gear (optics, backpacks, camo, etc). They have filled the store with some AMAZING elk, mule deer and Coues Deer mounts. You just won't believe the number of giant bucks they have in the store.

here are pics and info on the buck we will be using for the Guess the Score contest.

post-1-0-25915500-1340034129_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-77559000-1340034131_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-16448200-1340034134_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-76429400-1340034136_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-40435500-1340034139_thumb.jpg

So come on out July 21 and help one of our sponsors celebrate their 1 year anniversary of providing great service to Arizona hunters!

Gila Outdoor

3660 W Main Street

Thatcher, AZ 85552

Sounds like a great time in the making.

Wow! What a buck!

It's too early for me to know if I can make it yet though.

Is this the same weekend of the Bowhunter happening? Bad planning this year on the get together @ Marshall and this one. Both are over 2 of the most popular archery shoots in the state. Next year, the idea of a get together @ the sunrise shoot sounds like a great Idea. 2 birds with one arrow.

yes, there is always some conflict no matter what date is picked. We just have to go with the date that works best for whoever is hosting the event.

It would be great to do one up at Sunrise!

Bummer,

I was just in Thatcher from the 6/30 to 7/4. I was with the family in Gila Outdoors on the third! Bad timing for me. Hope everyone has a great time. I will be at another family function up north on the 21st so I'll just be with you guys in spirit.

Just a little update on the Gila Outdoor event.....

We will have some great smoked hotdogs, a bunch of giveaways, and some 10 dollar raffles for a 300 ultra mag and a pair of 10x42 vortex hd vipers. Plus a huge new selection of inventory almost doubling what they have now!!! And of course they have all those GIANT bucks to look at while you are there!

So come out and meet some CW.com members, look at some great mounts, enjoy some food and see if there isn't any new gear you just have to have for upcoming hunts!

Is there an agenda for the event? The drawings and announcing the score?

I understand being there to enter your guess and to buy raffles but do you need to be present to receive the prize if you are so lucky?

Pretty excited for this event. Truly impressive store!

Just finished spending a few hours at Gila Outdoor. Loved every minute of it! I even picked up a great deal on some boots on clearance I've been needing. Good to see CouesWhitetail.com represented right as you walk in the door. Good to finally meet and talk with you Amanda! Thanks for the stickers!

If any of you can still make it down there then go enjoy it.

I was there just ahead of you. I thought is was a nice turn-out. Saw several stickers running around town. A few I didn't remember ever seeing before.

I too, got to meet Amanda face-to-face for the first time. Nice lady.

ok i was gonna guess 142 2/8 but couldnt make the trip - lol

hope everyone gothome safely we all know that storm that pushed thru causing problems but much needed rain

It was a fun event! I enjoyed meeting new people and seeing many familiar faces. And wow, I can't say enough about the collection of monster bucks and bulls they have in that store! WOW! It's just amazing really. I wonder how they sleep at night....I would be worried the place would burn up all those great mounts. That lifesize giant coues buck is gorgeous!!!

Thanks to everyone for coming out and supporting Gila Outdoor!! I took some pics of some great bucks at the store and when I get some time I will post them up.

Is it going to become a second annual gathering.........?

Jeff

We are planning another event this year. But it will be slightly different, I think. Still in the process of planning it. We'll let everyone know the details when we get them, and of course hope to see a bunch of the CW.com family down here.