Sign in to follow this  
BML

Cool color phase bear

Way cool color phase. Hopefully you can keep tabs on him for a few years and whack him!

Not going to lie. If he shows up this August I am shooting him! I have been trying very hard to kill a bear for the last 4 or 5 years and have been unable to do so for one reason or another. I won't shoot a cub, but all other bears are fair game! Once I get my first one out of the way, then I will be picky and hold out for a big ol' bruin.

Right on man. Don't let nobody tell you what to shoot or not shoot. You gotta shoot what you like!

Game and fish regulations say nothing about killing a bear cub, you may only not kill a sow with cubs....

Lance,

My decision to not shoot a cub is personal preference, not based on legality. It's just not something I want to do.

coues sniper,

Everyone is entitled their opinion. Bottom line is when it comes time to pull the trigger my opinion is the only one that matters! Hahaha. I can't agree with you more. I shoot what I like and try not to get caught up in the rest.

blake here is one for ya give me a call and we will let the air out of him

post-3892-0-31722800-1340670785_thumb.jpg

Nice looking bear...give him a year or so and he will be a trophy you can be proud of...no trophy right now if you kill him with a slingshot! You can find bigger , more mature boars, and you will help the bear population and have a bragging size mount . I don't like to kill any bear that is smaller than my dogs, even though they run the hide plumb off of my pot lickers .

Here are a few black bears with similar hair colors. The blonde cinnamons are my favorite!

post-4429-0-90021500-1342129836_thumb.jpg

Blake,

your pm box is full????????????????????

James

Thats a nice bear. I love the colors. Not too many people pass on bears in this state. You get a chance at a bear you take your shot. As long as your happy. Alot of people say they pass or would pass are full of it. Good luck!

Blake,

your pm box is full????????????????????

James

James it does that every so often. I deleted a bunch so I should be good to go. Or you can email me. Coues09@gmail.com

I have seen two bears taken like that over the last two years and they only weighed about 100 pounds. As long as your happy with it then that's all that matters!!! I prefer to shoot only boars and not sows cuz it keeps the unit open for more hunting to be done but I run hounds so I guess it's a little easier to be picky. JMO

I am completely with you I have been looking for a bear for a long time and have only seen them on the reservation or out of season. Last year I was in an area where I knew there was one there and another hunter bagged him. I am after a bear! Not a cub, but if I find a bear it will have a 7mm whole punched through it. :ph34r:

Good luck! I can't wait to hear your story. ;)