firstcoueswas80

THESE HAVE TO GO...NOW!!!

Always replace the dryer when you replace a compressor or condenser. Sometimes you need to flush the system when a compressor dies. Add a little of the correct compressor oil if needed. Nice to see so many people willing to help each other.

And when in doubt, go on YouTube. They have so many videos that show you how to do things.  My mother in law took her whole dash apart in her Prius to fix something just by using YouTube.  And she is far from a mechanic.

Fan clutches are easy most of the time.

I did mine in my 2005 cummins a couple months ago. $225 part and about an hour to change. I had to rent a special wrench, but that is a free rental from O'Reilly. 

AC is harder because the system needs to be evacuated and recharged. Not horrible though if you can get someone to help with that part. 

If he hasn't fixed his truck by now then it will never be.   This is a lost cause. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kaffer62 said:

If he hasn't fixed his truck by now then it will never be.   This is a lost cause. 

L.O.L. I was just getting ready to say I would buy the 25-06 to help out then got to your post and after reading looked back at the June date. L.O.L. heck I thought Casey was down South now I see Flagstaff. So confused or was he broken down on a hunt... 🤔

14 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Was you tube around in 2006? Think Casey is driving a dodge now.

If he's driving a Dodge, he definitely needs YouTube to help with repairs!!! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Funny story... My Dodge is actually broke down currently.... but because of me, not the truck. I accidentally broke off the little nipple that goes from the radiator, to the overflow hose. My buddy and I tried plastic weld and it did not hold.

Side note, how does a 13 year old thread get brought back up?

2 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I was wondering same...not sure how a thread that old could even be seen without maybe searching...boarman could tell us if he sees the rest of the thread now. 

38 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Funny story... My Dodge is actually broke down currently.... but because of me, not the truck. I accidentally broke off the little nipple that goes from the radiator, to the overflow hose. My buddy and I tried plastic weld and it did not hold.

Still having trouble with the nipples I see....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1