Sign in to follow this  
CMS

Wyoming Unit 61

Congrats on a primo tag.

When I had a good tag in WY a few years ago (not unit 61) I found the biologist very helpful. Also be sure to get the BLM maps before calling so you have an idea of where places are before speaking.

If you have not already, you may want to use the search engines on MonsterMuleys and HuntTalk forums to see what has been posted in the past.

Have a great hunt.

Congratulations. I had this tag about five years ago. The unfortunate thing with our hunt was that it was after a very cold, long winter, and the horn growth was way off from normal. We met the biologist in the field, and she confirmed that issue. She said that we drew the unit at a really poor time.

Since then, things have rebounded. I've heard of a lot of nice goats taken from that area. It's definitely a high quality unit.

A lot of the area is fairly flat, so be ready for some long shooting. There is some private land at the southern end of the unit near I-80. Most of the ranchers in that area are willing to give you permission if you can find them.

Access was good. There was a lot of gas activity at the time, so you could get around fairly easy.

I'm headed north of you to a unit outside of Casper. (I only had one point this year.) These hunts are a real blast!

Good luck and post some pictures.