Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

Tax dollars at work

Thats hilarious! You should send that into what ever forest service that is. I'm sure their coworkers would get a kick out of that.

I would check to see what the forest policy is on trail cams and salt before you send it to them.

Funny pictures.

That is however CREC, not Forest Service. CREC will work with the Forest Service to help out on projects, usually trail work and other recreation or range projects. FS also has other similar groups that come out to help them inclding the SCA, YCC and WTT. The FS provides them vehicles and projects to accomplish.

With that said, these groups as well as some FS employees are kinda clueless about hunting, scouting and trail cameras. It's pretty funny that people working in the woods, managing for the good of the woods really know very little about the woods!

As far as FS trail camera policy, it is like any other property. It is illegal to abandon property on national forest land and it is illegal to leave anything on the forest for more than 2 weeks. In general, I don't think many of them mess with trail cameras, but I do know of a LEO that was documenting how long cameras were sitting on water holes in unit 8 and 10 and planned to remove them if over 2 weeks.

The FS actually uses trail cameras to monitor wildlife around aspen and newly planted areas in northern AZ.

Funny pictures.

That is however CREC, not Forest Service. CREC will work with the Forest Service to help out on projects, usually trail work and other recreation or range projects. FS also has other similar groups that come out to help them inclding the SCA, YCC and WTT. The FS provides them vehicles and projects to accomplish.

With that said, these groups as well as some FS employees are kinda clueless about hunting, scouting and trail cameras. It's pretty funny that people working in the woods, managing for the good of the woods really know very little about the woods!

As far as FS trail camera policy, it is like any other property. It is illegal to abandon property on national forest land and it is illegal to leave anything on the forest for more than 2 weeks. In general, I don't think many of them mess with trail cameras, but I do know of a LEO that was documenting how long cameras were sitting on water holes in unit 8 and 10 and planned to remove them if over 2 weeks.

The FS actually uses trail cameras to monitor wildlife around aspen and newly planted areas in northern AZ.

Do they leave the cameras out for more than 2 weeks at a time?

There was a thread awhile back of a stolen camera, with a picture of the mangled lock box still on the tree... had yellow paint on the box from the pry tool used to open it... I said then it wasn't hunters... and again, most cameras aren't taken by hunters, though they are the first accused... find the yellow paint in the pictures...

Kent

could that be construed in a court of law as interfering with a legal hunt? I mean, i think a good lawyer could make that work?