AxisWorks LLC

Anyone planning on hunting with a supressor this year?

firstcoues, answers to those questions will vary quite a bit based on load, and design and quality of suppressor. Most folks find very similar velocities between suppressed and unsuppressed, and find some to no POI shift. Generally, group size is consistent with what the gun shot unsuppressed. The bottom line is that a suppressor should not have negative effects. There are too many "good" cans out there to accept poor performance.

firstcoues, answers to those questions will vary quite a bit based on load, and design and quality of suppressor. Most folks find very similar velocities between suppressed and unsuppressed, and find some to no POI shift. Generally, group size is consistent with what the gun shot unsuppressed. The bottom line is that a suppressor should not have negative effects. There are too many "good" cans out there to accept poor performance.

I have no change in my Velocities or POI from what I have seen so far. I have the YHM Titanium .308 on my 7wsm. Love it!!!

Used mine last year. Only negatives I can think of is the extra weight you are carrying for the suppressor and extra length of your rifle with it attached. Not that big a deal. Sure is nice as far as recoil and sound reduction. Everyone still knows you fired your rifle, but it makes it pretty tough to determine from what direction you fired from.

post-12606-0-86547900-1409522677_thumb.jpg