Sign in to follow this  
thunderbolt

Finally

After going out calling for coyotes numerous times...... i finally got me one this morning. using homemade e-caller and free app for droid phone. I was using the pup distress and shot him at 200 yds.

post-610-0-02588000-1342542194_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nice! Good shooting...

Good stuff! I have yet to call in a yote. I've called in a bobcat(37lb), a grey fox, and a mule deer doe, but never a yoter. Super jealous.

congrats...i know the app your using and i should try it next time i go out.

Thanks guys. I was out there as the sky was starting to lighten and the cool air was nice. The only bad thing about getting out there was the mosquitoes. i had to spray myself down real good.

Theyre tough to call right now! Went to one of my honey holes (Thanks Codi!) and didnt see ANYTHING. Thats the FIRST time I've ever been skunked there, so even more kudos to you!

yeah, july and aug are horrible in the desert!

If you have the time to drive up north you will find them a lot more active. I ran into 6 dogs a couple of weeks ago while out N of Show Low. 2 were following antelope, 3 were sneaking around a small herd of elk, and one was messing around in a wash I think chasing mice. I took out one of the ones messing with the elk because there were calves in the group, would have had two but they ran right at me and I had the scope dialed all the way up. I have never had a day where I have seen that many yotes and all active roaming around mid day.

nice!

I got tore up by mosquitoes once out by Arlington! got about 40 or 50 bite on the hands and neck!

good job!

James