Sign in to follow this  
Tsiuboy

big mule deer from the recent past

I was 17 years old at the Prescott swap meet saleing my goods including a six by seven deer head when a guy set up next to me selling the biggest deer head I had ever seen. I think he wanted $125 for it. I had to sell stuff Quick to get enough money. knowing some one would snatch it up quick. well i pulled it off. I took it across the street to the archery street and the guy scored it 238and 4\8ths I took it home and all the neighbor kids were owing and awing at it. grandma told me that there was no way i could stick it in the house, because the hair was pulling. i was afraid that some one was going to steal it. so i had to sell it to a guy in showlow this buck changed my life i have had muley fever since. enjoy

post-3892-0-40278000-1342753990_thumb.jpg

Grandma had no idea what she made you get rid of.

I am lost for words. It had to come from the Kaibab Jason. You're not going to get much sleep between now and then. :)

TJ

I am lost for words. It had to come from the Kaibab Jason. You're not going to get much sleep between now and then. :)

TJ

Yeah, rub it in, TJ! LOL. It's after midnight on a work night and where am I??? Right here on CWT already dreaming of big bucks. :P

It might have been sold to elsworth a antler buyer in 94 or 95 rummer has it that he sold it to a collection.(Hatch told me that one time when i sold him some pics for mule deer foundation mag) i got a little less than fair price. But I still had roof over my head. one of these days i would like to get a chance to reunite with this buck and get some decent pics of the buck that started my muley addiction..

If any one has info on it. I would like to know. I know the pic is a little rough.

I remember that big ugly thing. Huge buck but it was an ugly mount I know why she would not let it in her house. You were the happiest guy in the world that day you got it. We had just found that big buck a couple weeks before that I think and it was a little guy compared to that one. I had a picture of you holding it but it was in the fire with all my pics and heads. Sorry. Good memories though.

yea those great times back then walking w, running around all summer fishing, shooting carp and quail hunting the whole season. that head (6x7) is still sitting in the rafters at my grandparents house. i thought that was a big buck (and still is) before i knew what giants were really out there.

If i remember right the guy that i sold the mount to got a divorce and had to sell it to some collecter out of state I dont know to who though.

yea those great times back then walking w, running around all summer fishing, shooting carp and quail hunting the whole season. that head (6x7) is still sitting in the rafters at my grandparents house. i thought that was a big buck (and still is) before i knew what giants were really out there.

If i remember right the guy that i sold the mount to got a divorce and had to sell it to some collecter out of state I dont know to who though.

Alan said he thinks he did buy it a long time ago, but didn't know who it went to.....like you said his wife got much of his collection in the divorce and sold it off. So he doesn't know who she sold it to. Sorry we couldn't track it down for you.