Sign in to follow this  
rugerman

Info on Strip guides

I've been trying not to put the cart before the horse, but it's driving me nuts. My card was hit for 2 deer tags. My wife has been putting in for strip/kaibab for 8 years. Her 1st choice was 13A and 2nd was 12BW late. mine on a separate app were Dec. hunts. We have always talked about hiring a guide for the strip if she ever drew and know that it is really the best thing to do to make the most of the tag. If it is the 12BW tag, I know a few people who have hunted it that will help and am thinking about DIY on that tag.

So if anyone has hired a guide for the strip or know anyone who has, I would be very interested to hear about their experience. Also if anyone has hunted the late hunt in 12BW I would enjoy hearing about your experiences as well.

Oh and how much extra do they charge to bring a non-hunter along(me)!!!!

Thanks and good luck!

2 years ago i drew a 13b tag and i hired clay bundy.they live out there on the border of 13a&b.they are super nice guys and aren't just after your your $.i felt like they truely wanted everyone of their clients to kill a big buck. since they live there they know the country like the back of their hand.

Elkoholic thanks for the PM

Lefty thanks for the info exactly the kind of feedback I'm after. I'm looking for a great experience for her all the way around.

Are Kory and Clay related but running separate outfits?

Anybody ever do DIY on 12BW?

When I drew my archery Strip tag in 08 I spoke to most of the guides who are up there..........I went hunting with Kory Bundy. Best decision, in my opinion. Honest, hard working, VERY ethical, and allowed me to spot and stalk. Their outfit won't make you take out a loan either, as they are extremely reasonable.

Rugerman,

This is Kory Bundy, If your wife is fortunate enough to draw a Strip tag we would love the opportunity to speak to you about our operations. We just had an article come out in this last issue of Muley Crazy of our client Brad's deer that he harvested on 13A this last year, in the most recent issue of Bow and Arrow Magazine is another article of DJ's 13B archery buck and then in the current issue of Hunting Illustrated is Doc's 13a buck . We only focus on 13A and 13B. My father (Larry) and Clay Bundy are cousins, we do run two separate operations because the BLM will only allow up to 5 guides on a BLM permit, so we have had to run these separate operations like this for almost 6 years.

Give me a call when you get a chance.

Kory

435-668-8063

www.atfirstlightguides.com

• Like 1

You might want to check out Arizona Strip Bucks LLC. as well. arizonastripbucks.com

If you draw the 12AW let me know, I can at least point you in the right direction. Also, make sure you pick upo a buffalo tag!!

Thanks to everyone for the replies. She did draw her second choice 12BW late. Hard to be disappointed in that as a back up plan. I hope the replies here are useful to someone with the tag for the 13s.

Good luck this season!