Sign in to follow this  
CalebFortner

Unit 22 Mule Deer help

So this will be my first year hunting alone, as I usually have my buddy who is an experienced hunter come along with me. He has taught me a lot, and I feel pretty confident in the hunt, but I got drawn for a unit I have not experienced yet. My father in law, who hasn't put in since they began requiring SSN in the app, put in with me. We looked over all the specs, and decided that unit 22 would be a good on. Welp, it turns out he thought I knew it and I thought he knew it.

Long story short, if anyone has any information that would be helpful on the unit, it would be greatly appreciated. I have read what can be said about it on AZGFD's website, and that is a good starting point I guess. But any advice or places you think would have less traffic etc. would be nice. I am not looking for your favorite spots or anything, just any good general information of the area.

Also, if you could direct me to where I find a good topo map of the unit I'd appreciate it.

I will be going scouting as soon as bear season starts all the way until early Nov.

Thanks guys.

Maps: Forestry service maps, Google earth for satellite maps, and Google Maps & Bing Maps for topo's. It is not too much work to print them out by section and tape them together.

• Like 1

look up "tjhunt2"...he has a lot of experience and wisdom for that unit. He's a member here

+ 1 Very Intelligent knowledgeable guy.

look up "tjhunt2"...he has a lot of experience and wisdom for that unit. He's a member here

+ 1 Very Intelligent knowledgeable guy.

Thanks for the kind words but you guys have got me mixed up with someone else. Wisdom, intelligent, knowledgeable and experienced ?? :o Ok, experience I do have but leave all that other stuff out. I have made a bunch of memories in unit 22 over the years and I'm willing to share and hope I can be of help. Please pm. :)

TJ

• Like 1

Well guys sorry to do this too you but I also got a unit 22 tag and have never hunted there . Any general help would be greatly apperciated , I do have a forest service tonto map . I normally hunt unit 23 or 24 (closer to globe miami) so if anyone could point me in the direction , then me and my partners can do some scouting . Thx